DJI are replacing shells with old shells

There's insufficient evidence to draw this conclusion.
It's only guesswork and could be completely wrong.
Given that so many with the origianl shell design have no cracks, it can be seen that the original shell is not the problem.
The most logical explanation for the cracking is moulding or plastic variation and not the shell design.

After receive mine, and make a very carefully inspection to the new shell, even before start to flight, my conclusion is that the 2 screws near the engines, have defective quality design.

I can see at naked eye, variations on the plastic, were the cracks on the future will appear.
Exactly on the same spots were when i did buy the P3, i saw the plastic with differences on the plastic. Later the cracks did appear on that same spot.

I highly advice everybody to check your devices with a strong light on that spot. check above the screws for and difference on the plastic....sorry my English not been more accurate and detailed...

Before even start flying, already emailed DJI and they kindly will pick up by UPS free of charge my drone, in a special fast priority RMA...

Lets now see what happen, but im already prepared to know all details of the weak spots of my bird...

It was dji that stated it. unless they have changed there mind about it now. We will see if the crafts with newer motors start cracking. Bet they wont tho.
What did DJI state?
DJI very rarely state anything and despite reading a lot on this forum and others, I've not seen any statement from DJI about cracking shells, shell redesign or new motors.
I have seen a lot of conjecture from forum members ranging from possible through to misguided and wacky.

Really, +1 Meta.

Where has DJI ever defined or otherwise labeled shells as 'new' (or 'old')?

My P3P shell was replaced re cracks in the Netherlands. I was promised the 'new' shell but if came back with the old shell. I questioned this but was asked how I know it was the old shell of course on this forum we all know how. Still I was promised a priory repair if the cracks happen again, they do seem confident they won't happen again, hopefully they will be proved right!

'New' has many meanings and especially with language and cultural differences.

If your drone returned with a different shell... that could be considered new in some instances.

Crack had nothing to do with old or new motor. It was a batch of bad plastic. That's a fact.

Sorry I should have said new design, but if it was just a bad batch of plastic great! More hours of great flying with this fantastic machine

Update:

Made the a first serious fly after RMA and found 2 problems:
- Power on the P3, it shacks a lot on the ground (use new original propellers)
- After checking the video flight 90% image Jelly or frame problems....:(

Arghhh.....RMA again!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic