DJI app won't sync with my iPad

Reaction score
I have an I pad about 3 years old and down loaded the DJI app onto it but can not get it to sync with my remote or aircraft.
Works fine with my iPhone but was hoping to have larger screen to fly with.
Any ideas??

iPad as in the original iPad? If so, it's too slow to run the DJI GO app. It would be best to only use Apple devices from this list.

If you mean the old iPad mini 1 A1432, it is way too old. Get a supported iPad or iPhone!

p.s. I have an old iPad mini 1 A1432 that I got for free with my Canon 6D. Initially DJI GO would not even install on it but a few months ago I was surprised to notice that it did install.

...but as in Litchi the ancient iPad doesn't really work with them. DJI GO doesn't update the screen properly so I have to 80% guess where the camera is pointing at. In Litchi I can get decent camera view by setting the "Preview Quality" to 4Mbps (currently DJI GO resets that to 10Mbps so I must always set it after using DJI GO to set the camera gain. For some reason in DJI GO the "Image Transmissions Settings > Custom" is grayed out in the device so that trick does not work there). And even in Litchi the camera update soon lags severely and adjusting the gimbal might have 2 minute lag (I noticed that if I quit, force-quit and re-launch Litchi, I get a realish-time camera again).

Don't get me wrong, that old iPad well suits my other needs very well. But I will very soon get a new iPad for the DJI.

I will get iPad mini 4 (A8 7.9"), iPad Air 2 (A8 9,7”) or iPad Pro (A9 9.7"). I might get the new iPad Pro because I like to buy current gear and use it well past the "best before" date (I type this on a 2009 Mac mini with Final Cut Pro processing DJI 4K footage in the background. I still have a MacPlus in the basement ;-)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj