DJI App without Gimbal/Camera

Reaction score
Can the DJI Iphone App work without the camera and gimbal installed? I want to be able to use the distance and attitude in the app. Currently, the iphone is not able to see the Phantom wifi. The Phantom was taken apart and maybe the power to the wifi component is not plugged correctly. Any advice.

Thanks in advance.

andy415net said:
Can the DJI Iphone App work without the camera and gimbal installed? I want to be able to use the distance and attitude in the app. Currently, the iphone is not able to see the Phantom wifi. The Phantom was taken apart and maybe the power to the wifi component is not plugged correctly. Any advice.

Thanks in advance.
No, the gimbal has the 2.4 Ghz wifi module without which you shouldn't be able to connect to it to begin with

andersonpaac said:
andy415net said:

Thanks in advance.
No, the gimbal has the 2.4 Ghz wifi module without which you shouldn't be able to connect to it to begin with

True for the Phantom 2 vision. The P2V+ however has its radio telemetry as a seperate module inside the phantom body. There is a walk through on the unit somewhere on this forum.

DKDarkness said:
andersonpaac said:
andy415net said:

Thanks in advance.

True for the Phantom 2 vision. The P2V+ however has its radio telemetry as a seperate module inside the phantom body. There is a walk through on the unit somewhere on this forum.
Wow, thanks. I didn't know that!

andy415net said:

Thanks in advance.

The vision utility pro app , I believe has GPS logging along with altitude , I don't think you can see it live but you can have a offline copy to view later with dashware

DKDarkness said:
andersonpaac said:
andy415net said:

Thanks in advance.

True - but for the P2V+ - if you have the camera/gimbal assembly disconnected from the bird - even though wi-fi in the bird and extender is activated - you cannot get an IP address on your tablet/iPhone DJI App and connect to the bird. Just disconnect the the camera and gimbal wires (three sets) and try it.

I believe this is correct as I trashed my camera assembly in a crash and even though the camera assembly was dead - if connected to the bird - I could connect to the DJI app (no image of course) - if the wires were disconnected - no connection to the DJI app. FWIW.

bergenfelter said:
True - but for the P2V+ - if you have the camera/gimbal assembly disconnected from the bird - even though wi-fi in the bird and extender is activated - you cannot get an IP address on your tablet/iPhone DJI App and connect to the bird. Just disconnect the the camera and gimbal wires (three sets) and try it.

I believe this is correct as I trashed my camera assembly in a crash and even though the camera assembly was dead - if connected to the bird - I could connect to the DJI app (no image of course) - if the wires were disconnected - no connection to the DJI app. FWIW.

Confirmed. I could not get the app to work even though I was able to connect to the extender. I believe the gimbal circuit board needs to be connected in order for the app to work. Thanks for the help.

No word from them yet. The YouTube video was posted 10 June and in the description they say "we think that it will take 4-5 week before we can deliver this interface system."

They even say they may offer a custom built Phantom 2 with Zenmuse and GoPro but with the P2V+ WiFi module that will work with the Vision app.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers