Dji app -- USB disconnected

Reaction score
I went for a flight this morning and it said USB disconnected and disconnected on top. Tried another cable same result. Anyone experience this?? I hope the USB port of not loose..

It's weird. Is treating at the house and it worked then this evening I took the quad out and I got a disconnect screen with 3 different cables. Restarted the phone too and used my oneplus phone and my Samsung tablet. Finally I turned my phantom off and on and it worked... But for the life of me I don't know what's causing it..

Search this forum and you will find several threads on the issue. Some devices are "supported" but most issues appear with android. At least that is my understanding. I have 3 tabs, only one works. You will probably limit the disconnects by switching off all unused apps wifi blue tooth etc to give yourself as much ram as possible. This reasoning is hypothetical though (IMO) as I did that but still have the issue.
If memory serves, DJI say anything above Android 4.1, but what they should also state is the processor speed etc too.
Only DJI will provide the solution i think.

That was one of the recommendations DJI suggested, it did not work for me but is well worth the try.

Stephen is that rebinding the controller? What is the process exactly? It seems when I turn the tx then the app it didn't connect, then turn the quad.. Still disconnected. Then if I turn the tx off and on while the quad is on it connects... But we're not supposed to do that.. ??!

Can you tell me exactly what Dji recommends?

My cheap android tablet disconnects early in a flight almost every time. While the phantom is hovering I restart the tablet and the Pilot ap and it works flawlessly for the rest of the flight. weird. I may get an Ipad air 2.

The manual give the procedure to rebind the controller, otherwise YouTube it, is the same for inspire. Basically it is reestablishing communications between the two devices. If you don't succeed finding answer there i will post it here

Had similar strange problem today. Yesterday, a great flight, broke all my records, flew like it was on rails and got a great deal of interest from the local red kite. This morning, off I go, switched on, black 'Not connected' at the top of the display. Switched off and on several times, no connection. BUT the left-hand wheel did tilt the camera up and down. :mad:

Went home in disgust, tried again, in the kitchen. Connected immediately. The only difference is that I was using a brand new battery, fully charged, but surely that wouldn't cause this, and anyway it connected fine in the kitchen.

I'm charging up the original battery right now and will try again later. Very annoying. Only thought right now is that maybe the extra short USB to iPad cable I bought might have an intermittent connection or broken lead of some sort, so I will also try a different cable. I'll let you know how it goes.

Well I went back to battery number one, and put on a full length Apple cable, to replace the short 3rd party cable, and today everything is just fine. So now I have to find out - was it the battery, or was it the cable?

I didn't start having disconnects until I upgraded firmware. Now I get them every now and again even after I tried the rebind the controller trick.

I went for a flight this morning and it said USB disconnected and disconnected on top. Tried another cable same result. Anyone experience this?? I hope the USB port of not loose..
IDK if this is simply my controller or every single controller, i just noticed when moving the cable around that the usb port on the phantom 3 controller is faulty or to big. In my case i thought it was the ipad i used or a firmware issue. Yet ive used my cellphone and 3 other tablets and at some point i experience the same issue. Long story short, my solution was a quick one and ill probably do something less rachet later. I put tape on the usb towards the controller, since it seems to disconnect when pushed foward/downward (depends on point of view). Make it so the usb is snug backwards toward the controll.

Hope this helps... :)

IDK if this is simply my controller or every single controller, i just noticed when moving the cable around that the usb port on the phantom 3 controller is faulty or to big. In my case i thought it was the ipad i used or a firmware issue. Yet ive used my cellphone and 3 other tablets and at some point i experience the same issue. Long story short, my solution was a quick one and ill probably do something less rachet later. I put tape on the usb towards the controller, since it seems to disconnect when pushed foward/downward (depends on point of view). Make it so the usb is snug backwards toward the controll.

Hope this helps... :)
You may have a bad cable versus a bad USB port-- I have a couple of thumb drives that developed bad connections as you described-- and it is not the port-- when I placed a new one in the same port it was fine. USB cables are known for failure.

You may have a bad cable versus a bad USB port-- I have a couple of thumb drives that developed bad connections as you described-- and it is not the port-- when I placed a new one in the same port it was fine. USB cables are known for failure.
Things is ive used several cable with several devices, as i said in the post. Also this might be an issue that not everyone might be facing. Just wanted to express my solution because others out there might be experiencing the same issue as mine and might think its something to do with the firmware.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4