DJI app update ver. 2.8.4

I'm still on 2.8.1

Actually, my P3S has been perfect lately, and even with the GEO crap it hasn't negatively affected me. I might just stay with the 2.8.4 for now. I don't fly on top of airports or restricted airspace, so I think I'll leave it alone. If it ain't broke,...right? [emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: flpholt
Any idea how?
Not quite sure but i think you should delete the app in ipad, then check in iTunes the version there and do not do apps update in itunes. In some thread here is it described quite precisely. You can then load the older version from itunes to ipad.

Today my Dji Go app wanted to update so I updated and took my Phantom 3 4k for a stroll. I lost sight of it and pressed the return home button on the app. The drone should have risen to 60 meters, far above the tree line and returned home.
Well I guess that when I updated the app it must have reset the RTH height to 30 meters and as it returned home it flew right into a very tall eucalyptus tree and got caught in some branches. The drone finally dropped out of the limbs and went straight down. The outer glass over the camera lens cracked. The lens itself is fine and the gimbal assembly looks OK but maybe a little bent, but I am now charging the batteries up so that I can try flying it again to check for any other damage.
The camera still works and the gimbal still tilts and pans the camera but I am worried about not having that cover glass over the lens for protection.

Can the cover glass be replaced without replacing the whole camera?

Not quite sure but i think you should delete the app in ipad, then check in iTunes the version there and do not do apps update in itunes. In some thread here is it described quite precisely. You can then load the older version from itunes to ipad.
Yeah thats what I read but the apps had to be synced previously witch I don't think I ever did. Also if u don't delete new version before opening itunes it will overwrite an older version will be lost if your set on auto sync. Realy hope new version doesn't screw me being 4 miles from a power plant

There are 4 'Zones' in the GEO mess. They are shown in the DJI site as Restricted, Authorization, Warning, and Enhanced Warning. It is mapped out, so you can see your location and depending on which of the four zones are checked off by you, you can see what zone you are in. I fly in an 'Enhanced Warning' zone all the time with no banners or warnings on the app. Your power plant should be listed on the map. Good luck.

Today my Dji Go app wanted to update so I updated and took my Phantom 3 4k for a stroll. I lost sight of it and pressed the return home button on the app. The drone should have risen to 60 meters, far above the tree line and returned home.
Well I guess that when I updated the app it must have reset the RTH height to 30 meters and as it returned home it flew right into a very tall eucalyptus tree and got caught in some branches. The drone finally dropped out of the limbs and went straight down. The outer glass over the camera lens cracked. The lens itself is fine and the gimbal assembly looks OK but maybe a little bent, but I am now charging the batteries up so that I can try flying it again to check for any other damage.
The camera still works and the gimbal still tilts and pans the camera but I am worried about not having that cover glass over the lens for protection.

Can the cover glass be replaced without replacing the whole camera?
I have seen something about the glass lens in a post.

Yes, on firmware and software updates. Check everything you can, fail safe, RTH, camera settings, resolution, type .mov .mp4, file numbering, battery level settings warnings and critical.

I always listen for home point saved, don't always see it displayed, but look for RTH setting when I start the motors.

There are 4 'Zones' in the GEO mess. They are shown in the DJI site as Restricted, Authorization, Warning, and Enhanced Warning. It is mapped out, so you can see your location and depending on which of the four zones are checked off by you, you can see what zone you are in. I fly in an 'Enhanced Warning' zone all the time with no banners or warnings on the app. Your power plant should be listed on the map. Good luck.

What are you getting your enhanced warning for and how close r u to the cause?

The 'enhanced warning' is a zone or area on a map near a restricted area, like an airports 5 mile ring. The enhanced warning is in the outermost part of the ring, and is the farthest from the restricted area. In my case, I am flying 4.5 miles from a Class B airport.

Reactions: captainmilehigh
The warning and enhanced warning areas are really nothing to worry about. It's the Authorization and Restricted zones that are the issue. But at 4 miles I think you said, you should be great. [emoji106]

Reactions: Ohiowoodsman
The warning and enhanced warning areas are really nothing to worry about. It's the Authorization and Restricted zones that are the issue. But at 4 miles I think you said, you should be great. [emoji106]

Yes u r right, I understand the zones now and looks like I'll be fine at home but at my shop the props aren't gonna spin.

Reactions: captainmilehigh
Yeah thats what I read but the apps had to be synced previously witch I don't think I ever did. Also if u don't delete new version before opening itunes it will overwrite an older version will be lost if your set on auto sync. Realy hope new version doesn't screw me being 4 miles from a power plant
Sorry for that, the trouble is you need your own bkp version as apple "signs" apps and even if someone will give you his 2.8.3 it won't work unless you use his acount too. For cases like this is Android more usefull. At the moment i have 2.8.4 in my ipad and 2.8.3 on iphone 6 and my girlfriend 6plus. Fly mostly with Samsung galaxy 8' due its size and more bright display. Still 2.8.1.

Hello, today i saw that there was an update for the dji app. I have not done it yet but i wonder if anyone did.

Yes, all good no problems

ddaade3177e3c1ee4edd50df09689d5a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Don't send me any hate mail but I think it's a good idea having this in place for the very new flyers..I've seen many, they unbox and fly and they don't even read anything about basic RC rules. I've seen guys for the first time setting up next to an airport ,so I think it's a great idea for newbies, so many idiots out there ruin it for the rest of us.

Hi;

Could you help me please? I went to the "ME" icon on my mobile device but there is no icon/link for Auto Update DJI GO App. Does the Phantom 3 have to be on and connected to the controller for this to show up?

Thank you for any help with this.

Bud

Thanks for this post. After reading the "accidental auto update" part I immediately went to my settings and turned the auto update for DJI Go OFF !! My P3S has been flying perfectly with the current firmware and app. Am not changing anything unless I have to. Not sure if it would have installed the update by itself, but not taking any chances.
Thanks knipfer. [emoji3]

Don't send me any hate mail but I think it's a good idea having this in place for the very new flyers..I've seen many, they unbox and fly and they don't even read anything about basic RC rules. I've seen guys for the first time setting up next to an airport ,so I think it's a great idea for newbies, so many idiots out there ruin it for the rest of us.

Nope, no hate mail from me. I agree. Rules and guidelines are there for a reason. I'd guess that many of the posts here that read..."my phantom crashed, what do I do now.?...." ..are from those who unbox the bird and see how high it'll go. [emoji30]

Reactions: Erised and Static8

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers