DJI App Stopped mid flight. Just got a black screen :)

Reaction score
How to scare the **** out of yourself.

I was flying around quite happily. The drone quite some distance away. All of a sudden the screen goes black. Plenty of battery. ****** what do I do now? So I kept calm. Tried the 'RTH' button. Luckily it kicked in. As it flew, hopefully, back a message in a white box appeared on the screen. Something along the lines of "Unfortunately your DJI GO App has stopped working" still nothing but a black screen. I tapped ok. It went back to a black screen. As the drone came within hearing the screen appeared again with the startup. I tapped 'Go Fly' and got connected again. Only to disappear a few seconds later. I went through the above again and it again came back on to full control. I managed to land. Thought Id call it a day.

So any ideas as to what happened? I have all the latest updates. Compass calibrated etc. Good thing I am not a newbie or I may have panicked.

I have the P4P plus with inbuilt app. As I said latest updates etc.

So any suggestions? Going to clear the cache etc see if that helps.

Last edited:
Welcome to the "My DJI app crashed" club.

I've been getting that about every other flight now. Really becoming a big problem at times.

At least it's just the app crashing and not the connection to the drone!

AD

Be sure you have the latest firmware in the bird and the remote controller. Then uninstall the Go 4 app and download the current version from Google Play store and reinstall. I have had zero problems with the system since I did that, whereas before it would crash the app every flight, usually in the first 2-4 minutes.

Tip: Before uninstalling DJI Go App sync flight data to ensure flight data is saved, if you are interested in saving flights.

I had this happened to me on my android device. Tab 4 and note 5. Swapped it over to use my iPhone 7 and no problem so far. Scary every time it happens.

I am new to drone flying and was running the simulator and had the same thing happen to me. I am running the current software updates on the bird and the controller. Just updated them today.

Hope someone has a permanent fix.

Ok, while I was typing this, the screen just went blank again and said ??? Mode.

I am afraid to put the bird in the air.

BTW, I have a P4P+

Just got another hang. Screen just froze and eventually went blank and said DJI Go 4 not responding. Do you want to exit? I said yes and the screen is blank but with a backlight. I sure am glad this is happening on the simulator.

Last edited:
I am new to drone flying and was running the tutorial and had the same thing happen to me. I am running the current software updates on Borge the bird and the controller. Just updated them today.

Hope someone has a permanent fix.

Ok, while I was typing this, the screen just went blank again and said ??? Mode.

I am afraid to put the bird in the air.
BTW, I have a P4P+

BTW, I have a P4P+
Just got another hang. Screen just froze and eventually went blank and said DJI Go 4 not responding. Do you want to exit? I said yes and the screen is blank but with a backlight. I sure am glad this is happening on the simulator.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20