dji app not connecting when trying to update

Reaction score
i just got a phantom 3 standard today and i downloaded the dji go app, i launched it and it says new update available, version 1.2.50. i downloaded the update and clicked start update, but then it says "the device is not connected, please check." i have the controller tuned on and conected, the drone ready and the wifi connected on my phone, i dont know what i am doing wrong or maybe its just the app its self. I do not have a camera gimble connected to the drone so i dont know if that makes a diffidence or not.
Thanks, Caleb

Was your phone connected to the controller's Wifi network? If not, you need to switch to it before doing the update.

I do not have a camera gimble connected to the drone so i dont know if that makes a diffidence or not.
Thanks, Caleb
What?
Where is the camera and gimbal?

Reactions: Grae
OK, so it is not brand new, that changes a lot of things, as far as I can tell. The firmware is updated through the app to the remote via WiFi and the remote talks to the Phantom. The Phantom saves and installs the firmware on from the SD that is in the gimbal above the camera.

OK, so it is not brand new, that changes a lot of things, as far as I can tell. The firmware is updated through the app to the remote via WiFi and the remote talks to the Phantom. The Phantom saves and installs the firmware on from the SD that is in the gimbal above the camera.
do you or anyone be chance know if the wifi modual for the drone itself is located in the gimble? The reason i ask is because on the central circuit board the wiring harness that connects to the gimbals is labeled wifi

That would be a no.
The gimbal, camera, gps data, the compass and whole lot more is going to sent to what they call WiFi because of the frequency to an amplifier and antenna(s) that is sent back to the remote. The remote then sends out the Wifi that your mobile device uses with DJI-Go app.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31