DJI App - Map Questions

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the DJI Phantom 3 Professional. When I turn on the quad copter, remote control and app, I always calibrate the compass by turning in a 360 degree circle, then nose down, do it again. However, the app on my phone doesn't show the pointer in the direction that my copter is actually facing. Am I doing something wrong.

What's the easiest way by looking at the app to make sure I can get my drone back if I fly out of distance. Do I simply point the arrow in the opposite direction? Or is there a way I can see the track of my flight an simply follow it back?

I apologize if these are simple questions, but just trying to learn and fly the best and safest.

Regards;

I always calibrate the compass by turning in a 360 degree circle, then nose down, do it again. However, the app on my phone doesn't show the pointer in the direction that my copter is actually facing. Am I doing something wrong.
Most people do the second turn with the nose down, but it's okay to do it with the nose to the side as shown in the app.

FYI, you don't need to calibrate the compass before each flight. Check out the Compass Calibration Guide for more details on the best practices.

What's the easiest way by looking at the app to make sure I can get my drone back if I fly out of distance. Do I simply point the arrow in the opposite direction?
If you're viewing the map in DJI GO, you can enable the "Show Flight Route" path to show your flight route on the map. Then, just follow the same route back to the home point.

DJI-GO-Show-Flight-Route.jpg

If I ever lose sight of my Phantom, I use the radar at the bottom corner of the DJI GO app to steer my Phantom toward the home point.

Hi, I'm new to the DJI Phantom 3 Professional. When I turn on the quad copter, remote control and app, I always calibrate the compass by turning in a 360 degree circle, then nose down, do it again. However, the app on my phone doesn't show the pointer in the direction that my copter is actually facing. Am I doing something wrong.
Yes ... don't calibrate the compass before each flight.
Get a good compass calibration and stick with it.
Your compass doesn't lose calibration but frequent unnecessary calibration introduces the risk of a bad calibration.

The problem with the radar display is probably an indication that the compass in your phone needs to be recalibrated.
Search google to find out how to do that.

What's the easiest way by looking at the app to make sure I can get my drone back if I fly out of distance. Do I simply point the arrow in the opposite direction? Or is there a way I can see the track of my flight an simply follow it back?
The radar display will show you where the Phantom is and which way it is pointing so you can turn the Phantom to face home and return.
You can also switch on the app option for Show flight route.
As well as showing you the track the Phantom has used, it also shows you the straight line home.
Or you can use RTH to start bringing the Phantom home and cancel and take over the driving.

Reactions: Oso

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj