DJI app kills my Note 4

Reaction score
I have a Samsung Note 4 (fully up to date) and the DJI app kills it, my phone will go from 60% to 0% in seconds. Some times I get 5 minutes from the phone some times 40 minutes (2 batteries for Drony McDroneface :p ).
The time varies massively but the one thing that does not change is that my phone will die.

I'm still a beginner, 2 weeks of flying, but returning and landing the drone with no phone or tablet has become second nature. I have to do it every set.

I've tried to use my old iphone 5s, but the video lag is awful, it's unusable.

Can anybody give me advice on how to handle this?
Thank you

Make sure you have every, non-essential app, stopped. This is a common (and major) complaint about the DJI app.

If the battery is being drained "in seconds", hate to tell you, but sounds like you have a bad battery in that thing.

DJI Go sucked my note 4 battery dry in record time, even when I wasn't flying. My phone was rooted also, not sure if that had anything to do with it.

Removed GO and all returned to normal.

Video seems smoother on my iOS devices.

I have note 4 and I use app called "PURIFY" which kills background apps. Then battery drains normal.
I have a Samsung Note 4 (fully up to date) and the DJI app kills it, my phone will go from 60% to 0% in seconds. Some times I get 5 minutes from the phone some times 40 minutes (2 batteries for Drony McDroneface :p ).
The time varies massively but the one thing that does not change is that my phone will die.

I'm still a beginner, 2 weeks of flying, but returning and landing the drone with no phone or tablet has become second nature. I have to do it every set.

I've tried to use my old iphone 5s, but the video lag is awful, it's unusable.

Can anybody give me advice on how to handle this?
Thank you
Does it drains a battery during flight or when it runs i the background?

Thank you all for the quick replies.
The battery on the phone is fine, I've no issues outside of active usage of the app (in flight).

I'll give Purify a try.

Just to clarify, the battery says that it has 60% when I take off, then I can't see the % as the app is full screen. A few minutes later, the phone is dead, no warning, nothing, it just dies.

Anyone using an iphone 5s, should it work ok?

My Samsung Tab Pro loses power pretty fast too. I shut down several apps and slowed the bleeding to a percent per minute. I got it as a refurbished unit and really like the display but will probably have to find a Apple product. DJI says right on the side of the box Made for
DSCN0812.JPG

I use greenify on my android devices works like a champ. I have no issues with major battery drain. I am an avid android user and refuse to use apple products. I have used a Samsung s6 active, galaxy tab 8.0, and now a Google nexus 7 and all seem to work well

Reactions: Phobos
In Feb during my first several flights, my Note4 battery was dying fast like yours, but I also saw other oddities with my phone/battery that led me to believe my battery was on its way out. Purchased a new battery, and haven't had it die like that any more.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

If go app is using excess power and draining the battery fast the phone should be getting quite warm.

If not. It might just be a bad battery.

Reactions: 66Fury
I can confirm that DJI Go app is really hungry for power if you leave it runing in backgruond. I had some situations then my phone battery was drained over night becuase of DJI Go app.
My phone is Galaxy S6 and I did not have any issues with battery before i installed DJI Go app. So when you finish your flight, don't forget to turn off your DJI Go app.

Just a note to say that Greenify really worked for me.

Thank you to Randy Stone.

So if any android users having the problem I experienced stumbles upon this thread, Greenify really works.

Reactions: Bobcatmo
I had the same issue with my Note 4. I went ahead and bought a backup USB battery. Every time I fly I plug it in, just to be on the safe side.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31