DJI app in two different mobile phones

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a doubt and maybe somebody can clarify it.

I am running the DJI app in my Samsung S5 Mini, however in a few weeks I am going to a trip and I just installed the app in a iPhone 5s of a friend in case I need it.

Is there any problem controlling the same drone with the app installed in two different devices?

My doubt is because for example in my Samsung I have change some default settings, as for example when the batteries have to discharge, and things like that, however in the iPhone I just installed and didn't touch any settings.

Somebody can tell me to change the settings at the app in the iPhone to match exactly what I did in the Samsung, obvious answer, HOWEVER, what would happen if I just keep the iPhone with the app default settings?, would the batteries for example go back to discharge as the last phone/app say?

Sorry for my English, this is not my mother tongue.

Thanks in advance :)

Hi all, I have a doubt and maybe somebody can clarify it.

I am running the DJI app in my Samsung S5 Mini, however in a few weeks I am going to a trip and I just installed the app in a iPhone 5s of a friend in case I need it.

Is there any problem controlling the same drone with the app installed in two different devices?

My doubt is because for example in my Samsung I have change some default settings, as for example when the batteries have to discharge, and things like that, however in the iPhone I just installed and didn't touch any settings.

Somebody can tell me to change the settings at the app in the iPhone to match exactly what I did in the Samsung, obvious answer, HOWEVER, what would happen if I just keep the iPhone with the app default settings?, would the batteries for example go back to discharge as the last phone/app say?

Sorry for my English, this is not my mother tongue.

Thanks in advance :)
HI.?.not sure because iPhone is apple device which is ios Samsung is android device ....they have different app versions all I can think of is sidesync ,,,now you got me thinking,,:)now I'm thinking it be OK just remember to turn off one device when flying,,,,,what you flying.

Reactions: hugomez
Some settings are part of the app ... like whether you have a grid on your screen or you use metric or imperial units.
Other settings are part of the Phantom like RTH height.
The battery settings are stored in the batteries.
Using a different tablet or phone will not affect the settings stored in the Phantom or batteries.

Thanks ianzone and Meta4 for your replies.

ianzone, I am flying a P3S, and yes, the idea is to have only one device ON at the time.

Meta4, thanks for the info, good to know that some of the settings is actually in the batteries and the drone itself. The grid, metric or imperial, and other settings like that are not really a big problem. Good to know that in case is needed, I could use any of those two phones.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1