DJI App Home Base Issue

Reaction score
Hey guys hoping someone can offer any insight on this.

Was using the V9 of ILoveCoffee's custom app. After crashing my drone and a $800 repair I decided I wanted to stick to the stock DJI app (No I don't think the custom app had anything to do with my crash). Anyways before I go to fly I load up the ground station maps so they can be cached before I connect to the Phantom. Anyways so once I connect to the Phantom, go into the Camera screen all is well, I swipe to go into the Ground Station screen and as the map is loading the screen goes white for a brief second and it goes back to the camera screen (however on the camera screen half the features are not working such as battery %, gps satellites, tilt feature...etc), if I go out of the camera screen to the app's home screen I see the wifi blinking green for about 2 seconds before it goes back to a solid green, go back into the camera screen and everything is working again (tilt, battery status...etc) then swipe into the ground base screen and same thing, as its loading the map it goes to a white screen for half a second then back into the camera screen with half the features not working like last time. So I go back to the main screen, wait 2 seconds for the Wifi to go steady and keep trying over and over again. The problem simply seems to be when loading the maps while connected to the Phantom and yes Ive already cached them. If I don't use the ground station feature, everything else works flawlessly.

Anyone experience this or have any ideas? I'm using the Note 3 phone.

Video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4or0p40gcrvta ... 1.mp4?dl=0

Make sure you uninstall one app version before installing a different one if you didn't do that.

I live close to an international airport (3.1 miles). When I work with cached maps at home, I can only zoom in "close" to where you could actually begin inserting waypoints, and then the app crashes the ground station feature! I have to go back to the camera screen, and let WiFi re-connect. In my case, when I relocate out of restricted airspace (greater than 5 miles from the airport) the problem goes away, and I can use ground station, maps, waypoints, etc., with no problem.

Any chance you were within 5 miles of restricted airspace?

-Dale-

I live about 5.7 miles from an international airport so just to be sure I drove to where I was about 10 miles away. Same issue. BUT I noticed one huge thing, the issue only happens when using Google Earth images. It seems to be glitchy when loading the earth images. If I switched to standard map view, I am having no issues at all.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj