DJI App freezing, on Samsung TabS

Reaction score
Ok... Summer is half over, I've had the P3 for 2 months now... and I still can't fly using the DJI app... Current and old one.
I've tried reverting back to apk 1.1.0 (Its worse than the update) on my TabS... I've installed the Zapper task Killer, and I spend 6 minutes preflight going over and forcing apps to close in settings on the TabS 32gig. Enough is enough!!!! I'm not someone who doesn't know what I'm doing either.
Boats are supposed to be money pits. Not this DJI P3... but thats whats happening. This is the worst I've ever had with something.
I need to do something. The Videos are fine...after the fact of course. I have no jello, and the videos are perfect. The DJI App freezes up and sometimes takes minutes to reset, and then for unnoticeable times and back to a frozen picture screen and the story goes on and on. I'm going to try to root the Tab s and try just one more time... but if I Can't any results this is what I'll need to do... but I'm still leary of it.

What Ipad Mini 2 or 3 do I need to buy? How many gigs should I get? I don't plan on using the IPAD Mini for anything except the P3? Money isn't a problem, so if I get the best IPAD Mini... thats fine, but I certainly don't want to buy it and find out later I didn't need it, and again I have problems.

When I get the Ipad Mini... what shouldn't I install or leave on from the Apple KoolAid Store?

Maybe I should just wait til the new apples products come out next month... Definitely not a Phone! Thats not an option!

THIS SUCKS BIG TIME!

Before you buy a new tablet, here are some tips that might make your current tablet run more efficiently:
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=16777&pid=146682&fromuid=6149

If you decide to get an Apple, the iPad Mini 2 16GB version is good enough. Get the cellular model if you want to use GPS (you don't have to enable the cell service).

iPads run pretty well right out of the box. They don't come packed with a bunch of junk. Here are some tips that'll make the iPad more efficient:

http://www.phantompilots.com/thread...vice-for-best-dji-pilot-app-performance.48388

I uninstalled the Google Play Services App, actually resetting it to factory default, and it runs perfect on my Samsung now. For some reason the update to the Googel Play Services freezes DJI Pilot.

Ok, I tried that when I rolled back my app to 1.1.0... I followed those same directions. Its worse than before. It seems hopeless. I'm waiting for DJI to get back with me. Probably that'll be a week and then only after I email them 4 times... and then of course they will be apologizing for everything. I'm not a person who doesn't know what I'm doing. I can't be the only one having this problem. Unless I'm just to much of a perfectionist. Its like watching someone else's TV... it has snow on it and the person says... "What's wrong with my Picture, looks good to me!"

I uninstalled the Google Play Services App, actually resetting it to factory default, and it runs perfect on my Samsung now. For some reason the update to the Googel Play Services freezes DJI Pilot.

read this additional information,, on this page posted by me, you will find that this helps in addition to rolling back the google play.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-16777-20-1.html

Reactions: Ken Cruise
This is a brand new TabS with the latest version of Lollipop 5.0.2 Model SM-T700. I bought the P3, found out my Galaxy S wouldn't work without horrendous freezing, SO I had to buy a new Samsung Galaxy TAB S and spent another $450. Now I can't use this. Its better but still there is no way I can fly this watching the screen.

Samsung makes good screens and good tech spec sheet.

But in reality, you get a cuttered piece of boatware that eats all the specs for lunch. I rooted my Tab Pro and uninstalled everything I could since this is a dedicated P3 tablet for me.

And still, with 0 user processes there are 53 system processes that eat 1.2GB of 1.8GB of RAM. It's pretty usable right now for me, but not an awesome experience by any means.

Samsung = bloatware.

I really want to stay away from Apple and I will pick up the new ZenPad S 8.0 that has 4GB of RAM and some great specs... It's about to come out and I have high hopes for it. Only $300.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj