DJI Announcing A New Product April 8th

Instead of releasing new stuff maybe they should focus on improving some of the issues with the ones they have out already or customer service

I wouldn't be surprised when a new Phantom 3 product line will render all our current Phantoms to 'legacy products' with no firmware updates left, maybe one last definitive 3.xx. And probably no way to go back and load older firmware's because DJI pulls everything from their site but the very latest and frozen, totally locked, version.

They have been pulling all the older (and less restricting!) FW versions from their site already. This is clearly part of their strategy to lure us into the newer products.

We're at the mercy of some Chinese product managers and marketing geeks who care about nothing more than their sales pipe line, and while reading through this thread, more and more I realise I have a pair of flying apples.

Only months after announcing the FC40 and P1.1.1. they stopped doing anything with them, leaving us with Naza-M V2 that's never going to be developed any further. I'm glad that I can at least configure everything I want in M V2.

The limitations and restrictions, current flaws, and maybe, even hidden, further limiting 'features', on a locked and frozen P2/Vision firmware, will hurt us big time, while we try to grow our Phantoms capabilities.

I hate consumer grade marketing like DJI and Apple practise. The Steve Jobs kind of approach with these 'invitation only' 'secret' announcement events, come on! give me a bowl to puke in.....
I will not be in a sleeping bag in front of a DJI shop anytime soon I promise.

Well...let's wait and see if I'm right.
I honestly hope I'm wrong this time.

Like Apple, Oracle and Microsoft proved the world (not themselves though), that there eventually would be a huge market for Open Source in the future, I'm convinced that a lot of DJI users, like me, will ultimately give up on DJI and go for a completely open sourced solution.

I predict a growing opportunity for smaller companies that can integrate and support open source based multirotor solutions, specifically for people coming from DJI who has 80% of the market.

It happened all before, and will happen again.

Im gutted I cant afford an Inspire. I dont think I could take it if its something else I'd like.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl