DJI And Hasselblad Introduce World's First 100-Megapixel Aerial Platform

Given DJI's penchant for very buggy software and firmware, I'd be hesitant about hanging some $32K camera below using their gear. I dunno about their 6 battery M600 either given that their QC isn't stellar with their Intelligent Batteries as too many are DOA or catching fire.

Also, the format is very odd and seems wasted as it's almost a square format at 53.4 mm x 40.0 mm off the sensor. Certainly not a 4:3 or 16:9 ratio so toss out a lot of that 100MP stuff to fit those formats. Nothing like DJI Marketing to make it sound good when it could be a major POS.

Maybe DJI is going to make a square TV in the near future for it too? "Crystal Square screen coming soon! .... er, make that March 2019?" :D

Last edited:
Given DJI's penchant for very buggy software and firmware, I'd be hesitant about hanging some $32K camera below using their gear. I dunno about their 6 battery M600 either given that their QC isn't stellar with their Intelligent Batteries as too many are DOA or catching fire.

Also, the format is very odd and seems wasted as it's almost a square format at 53.4 mm x 40.0 mm off the sensor. Certainly not a 4:3 or 16:9 ratio so toss out a lot of that 100MP stuff to fit those formats. Nothing like DJI Marketing to make it sound good when it could be a major POS.

Maybe DJI is going to make a square TV in the near future for it too? "Crystal Square screen coming soon! .... er, make that March 2019?" :D

That sensor is a 4:3 ratio... Also, Hasselblad announced that camera last year before DJI bought their minor stake. 16:9 is almost entirely for video and even then 4K video is only 8.8MP. No medium format cameras or DSLRs have a sensor in a 16:9 ratio. The most common ratio for medium format cameras is 4:3 or 1:1...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen