DJI ADD HOMELOCK!

There will be a few very happy people on the next release.

Reactions: Fplvert
Ahhh .... could you set the new home point back to the controller's new position (thinking of a boat trip)?
For some reason I thought the home lock reset was with respect to the quad's current position at the time of reset. Admittedly ignorant on thi
The only way you can reset the home point would be through the phantom itself so where ever it is, is where your new home point is. Unless you use a phone or ipad air then you can set dynamic home point

The only way you can reset the home point would be through the phantom itself so where ever it is, is where your new home point is. Unless you use a phone or ipad air then you can set dynamic home point

In that case it probably wouldn't mean much to me. I want it to come back to where I AM, not where it WAS. I'd love someone to explain a scenario in which changing the home point to the copter's new location (away from the launch point) would be advantageous or useful. Not being snarky ... I'd seriously like to know.

In that case it probably wouldn't mean much to me. I want it to come back to where I AM, not where it WAS. I'd love someone to explain a scenario in which changing the home point to the copter's new location (away from the launch point) would be advantageous or useful.

You launch from a tricky spot under tree cover and and RTH to be above tree height .... Reset home to a safe point above the trees
You launch from a tricky point where GPS is poor and have to fly atti to a clear opening ... reset home once you are in the clear.
You are flying from a moving boat etc and don't want RTH to go back to here you were. Simple .. update home a few times during the flight to ensure that RTH will be somewhere near you.

Reactions: jasonb777
Isn't that course lock mode in the P3, ioc?

Not really...
Course lock is more grid like formation. Home Lock is more "Pizza" like formation.. Essentially, with HL IOC, you can be anywhere in any orientation and all you need to do is pull the right stick down and the phantom will come back to the home position. If you pull the right stick down in Course lock and the phantom is NOTdirectly in front of you, the phantom will never come back to the home position.

Reactions: jasonb777
It would be useful no doubt to have it. RTH carries some complexities with its use. HL is a simple switch and pullback on stick. No waiting no having to cancel to regain control etc. Also removes the issue with RTH if your within 60 feet of the home point. If clowns couldn't figure out how to use it shame on them. It's a great function and should be brought back.

I have other DJI powered home built multirotors, I miss HL and CL. But from reading between the lines of DJI reps on other forums, I don't think it is coming back

Home Lock is very useful when your Phantom is out of sight. In other words, your don't know that attitude of your Phantom. Pulling back on the stick brings it home, independent of attitude. It's kind of a Return to Home function.

For those of us that haven't owned previous model phantoms, could you please define home lock? It appears hidaven and Mako79 are talking about two different things.

Think of home lock being a piece of pie. The phantom can be any where out on the outer edge in any direction and you are in the center. Hitting H/L then pulling down on the right stick alway brought it back to within 20 meters of the center. Easy way to get it back if you needed to bring it home.

Reactions: Toddzilla
Home Lock is very useful when your Phantom is out of sight. In other words, your don't know that attitude of your Phantom. Pulling back on the stick brings it home, independent of attitude. It's kind of a Return to Home function.
On my P2 I've used it many times when the FPV video dropped out due to distance issues. A quick flip to HL and I could bring it closer to home where the signal should be stronger and maybe even with an increase in height at the same time. Much easier than guessing where it is and what direction it's pointed.

With the P3P I usually get more warning before losing FPV signal because it starts skipping frames but still if there's a total loss of signal it can happen fast and HL allows a temporary "fix" so one could continue the flight without going through the RTH routine. I agree with the OP...C'mon, DJI give us HL on the P3 series.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31