DJI accessories in or around the Houston area?

Reaction score
Hi all again,

Sorry to bother you all with such trivial bs, but I need a store in Houston or surrounding area. lol....

I live in Fayetteville, TX and there is nothing here. Im the kind of person that hates ordering online so if there is a secret store somewhere in my area or within 75 miles that you may know about, please send me a message or post here if thats allowed.

Im trying to find a Zenmuse H3 2D. Thats the main thing and just other accessories.

Thanks again you all.

You can try UAVDirect in Austin or Hobby Wireless is in San Antonio.

I picked up my iOSD mini from UAVDirect and a charger and stuff from Hobby Wireless (their Phantom stuff seems to be mostly for the Phantom 1). I'm in Houston but shopped online because I couldn't find anything here. Got my orders within two days in both cases.

Will be interested to see if someone has recommendations in Houston as that would be handy moving forward.

I haven't found anything in Houston either. I've spoken to the owners of a couple of RC hobby shops in south Houston and both are more the traditional fixed wing guys that don't do FPV or AP. However, +1 to Hobby Wireless. I've received things snail mail from them in 3 days due to their proximity.

I live in League City BTW.

Thanks jimmychuck, dkr77573,

Thanks for your time.

I drove to a shop out in Stafford yesterday. They sell both versions of the Phantom, not the Vision. They sell all kinds of multi-rotor equipment and accessories. They have two or three big race tracks outside for RC car lovers. Really cool shop and really awesome people.

They didnt have the Zenmuse Gimbal or any extra batteries for the Phantom 2. They did say it would be soon. They do have tons of other stuff though for the multi-rotor enthusiast.

http://www.rchobbyshop.com/

I hope that was okay to post the link?!

Going to order the Zenmuse and a couple other things today from one of those you all mentioned.

Thanks again for the help.

Awesome. Thanks for the intel on that place. It's always good to find out about places like that who are local/semi-local. Thanks!

dkr77573 said:
Awesome. Thanks for the intel on that place. It's always good to find out about places like that who are local/semi-local. Thanks!

Youre welcome.

I just got done trying to order the Zenmuse from UAV Direct - $369.00 - Out of Stock!

http://www.uavdirect.com/Phantom-UAV-p/h32d.htm

Hobby Wireless is - $549.00!!!!!

http://hobbywireless.com/index.php?main ... cts_id=998

I have filled out all the stuff and am ready to click the send money button on Amazon. Before I do, is this the correct Zenmuse for the Phantom 2 Non-Vision?

http://www.amazon.com/DJI-Zenmuse-GoPro ... muse+h3-2d

I have also watched the video on the DJI website about installing the Zenmuse. I have also seen other videos where people have to take theirs apart to install, and even do some soldering. Which is it? Plug and play or blood, sweat, and tears?

Thanks you all. Much appreciated.

Hmm that looks to be the old style H3-2D from the mounting plate. I've heard you can still mount it but the plate on the one I got with the P2 seemed to have a different orientation. Did you check Dronefly or Atlanta Hobby? I bought the P2 / gimbal combo so I don't know the details of the gimbal when it's ordered separately.

The correct version of the gimbal is plug and play with the P2. The white/off-white cable that comes out the bottom of the P2 plugs right into the back of the P2. The Vtx and OSD you'll have to wire/solder but it's all external unless you want to get fancy and mount some of the components internally.

I actually visited RCHobby a couple of weeks back to get some odds and ends for wiring my iOSD mini and Fatshark Vtx but didn't notice the Phantoms. Good to know they carry them now!

phantom2nv said:
Hi all again,

Sorry to bother you all with such trivial bs, but I need a store in Houston or surrounding area. lol....

I live in Fayetteville, TX and there is nothing here. Im the kind of person that hates ordering online so if there is a secret store somewhere in my area or within 75 miles that you may know about, please send me a message or post here if thats allowed.

Im trying to find a Zenmuse H3 2D. Thats the main thing and just other accessories.

Thanks again you all.

Just noticed your post. Try UAVDirect.com
They are located outside if Austin, the staff there is the most professional & friendly of any hobby type shop out there!

Hope this helps you....
Moose

Hey guys! Just letting you know that there is a store in the Houston area now with all of your DJI & Yuneec parts! Copter Source. www.coptersource.com
We are located at 10902 Interstate 10 East, Suite #2 Baytown, Texas 77523

Job shops are a dying breed in today's market place. I order all equipment needs from www.bhphotovideo.com free shipping over $49 and no taxes for out of state orders.

We have free shipping on ALL orders here at Copter Source! We also offer no taxes for out of state orders, as well.

We have free shipping on ALL orders here at Copter Source! We also offer no taxes for out of state orders. :) thanks!

Thanks for the info but you do not carry all the equipment I use year around.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic