DJI A2 GPS light question

Reaction score
I have a DJI A2 setup on my S800 and have a problem trying to see the LED GPS lock lights.
I believe it flashes two purple when GPS is obtained at less than 50% throttle. The LED kind of looks like a combination of red/purple. They almost look red but when I put a sheet of white paper to reflect the light it looks purple. I don't think the purple light is all that clear? Also I was getting two lights at less than 50% throttle and one light at 50% plus throttle but now it only gets two lights. Any comments would be greatly appreciate... I may wait until my IOSD/FPV is hooked up so I know for sure I have 6+ satellites. This will be my first flight with the 800 and I want to make sure things are correct. :)

I agree that the purple/red/orange clarity is almost not there in the daylight. I'm often not sure which it is when it is on the ground. I rely on the OSD to tell me the satellite count. You CAN see the home lock flashes very clearly and you can also see first warning very clearly in the air - though, again, the OSD is the key to being sure - even on the Phantom.

You don't need GPS to do a test flight and it is also very easy to determine if GPS is working with a hoot when you get it airborne. Just wait until it gets a home lock and take it up to 30 feet or so and, in GPS, give it some pitch and throttle and then let go of the stick. Check everything - homelock, failsafe, ESC reaction time, etc.

I wouldn't stray far without OSD - too much invested to be pushing things without all the aids available.

Thanks for the quick replay and apparently my eyes are working <smile> I will temporarily hook up my IOSD to be sure on the GPS.
The 800 makes my F550 feel like a lightweight...

Yep - the 800 class is quite a bit more imposing - but it should be for the money! The RC club I belong to are quite appreciative of the size and sound of the thing. I've used it to take pictures of our club outings... though I don't fly it with the planes that much - don't want a mid-air with a big RC job - I have more to lose. My 80 dollar foamie ... another story. I crash it regularly anyway. :lol:

On my test flight, I wasn't using OSD - so I stayed within about 100 yards. Here is a link to my test flight:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OODSpth5iUY[/youtube]

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj