Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

DJI A CARING COMPANY

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by clingermac, Dec 13, 2014.

1. clingermac

A couple of people on this forum like to bash anyone who criticizes DJI. So I wish they would answer this question. If DJI actually cares in the slightest about their customers, why don't they put the INFAMOUS ribbon cables on their website as accessories for sale at reasonable prices rather than limiting them to their dealers who turn around and gouge the customers again. Put them up on the website and allow people to buy them direct for the price dealers are paying. I have heard of 1 (ONE) dealer selling them at 2 for $49.00 so why does DJI allow other dealers to sell them for up to $275.00. They had a chance to improve the design of the camera with the V3 but chose to leave it alone to keep failing. I do thank them for that as a person who makes money from their terrible business practices but as a Phantom owner who can't afford to keep replacing cameras I have to condemn that move. I think the people who are going to bash me for making this post should PM me with their real identity. I promise I won't tell a soul.

2. Prylar Bek

Spot on...DJI care to answer?

3. Couchie

---> Couchie is holding is breath.....

4. Monte55

I understand your frustration with this and the crazy prices some are getting for the parts. What I don't understand is why should the average Joe get dealer prices. I'm in business and sell equipment and parts. It cost me money to operate my business along with permits etc. Why should anyone off the street be able to buy at my dealer price. Businesses survive from profit....not trading dollars. If you want dealer pricing..become a dealer.

5. ThePhantom

Our dealers here sell them for $4.

6. rbhamilton

Seriously? I'll take a dozen! Got a number?

7. ThePhantom

This is the ribbon you mean right? You can order a maximum of 5.

http://www.multirotorheli.ca/collection ... 3d-part-56

8. hionbusa

That's not the ribbon for the vision+...
    It's for the zenmuse h3-3d .

9. ThePhantom

10. IrishSights

It is crazy the price differences out there. However the answer is simple. I can buy 2 litres of milk for £1.40, but I also can get it for 89p. Principle: shop around and buy from the cheapest. Am I the only one with Irish blood in my veins :). Having said that I would not be surprised if the actual cost is just a few $

11. hunch

In the meanwhile call me if you need the gimbal cable replacement done. ;)

12. Fplvert

:lol:
    Eventually, all threads repeat.

Maybe the two ribbons for $49.00 deal will too?

13. hunch

Yeah, keep dreaming :)

14. clingermac

I'm really not saying they should sell them to the general public at dealer prices, first they should offer them for sale, second they should have a reasonable price. They sell complete units for the same price dealers retail them for. They could offer parts to the dealers and allow reasonable markups. This gouging is what makes me crazy and they sit back and watch it because they really want you to have to come to them for service and for a replacement on the entire assembly. They should just try better business practices at least until their servce center can pump out work quicker than 2 months.

15. MapMaker53

I also think consumers should be able to buy a quadcopter unit alone, without having to include the cost of an RC, wifi extender, battery charger, extra props, etc. for those who have had a goodbye fly-away or crashed their bird bad enough that they just need a new quad unit.

16. rbhamilton

Nope. More like this one for $59.

http://atkdrones.com/collections/all/re ... flex-cable

I picked up a two pack for $49 when Dave's Discount Motors had them a couple of weeks ago but they are sold out now.

17. morph000

Sold out for now, but Riseabove.com.au had them for $25 AUD !!!

18. wfxdrone

The ATK ones are not DJI parts. Rather an OEM part. Which means he had to figure it out, source it, and take the risk of they didn't work. IMO well worth the extra bit he is charging.