DJI 5.8Ghz radio with LB question

Reaction score
I have a P2 H3-2D. I recently got LB. I have a spare P2 Vision radio. Can I use that radio with my set up?

In other words, how does my P2 communicate with a 5.8Ghz radio when its original radio was 2.4Ghz?

oh the hell with it. i guess i'm just gonna buy a futaba. doesnt make sense to waste money working around something that would work better if i used a futaba and the LB as the radio.

shaunmed said:
oh the hell with it. i guess i'm just gonna buy a futaba. doesnt make sense to waste money working around something that would work better if i used a futaba and the LB as the radio.

I think that's the right way to go. It keeps the weight down - with all the non-essential stuff stripped out (2.4 GHz stock receiver board, cables, CanBus etc.) the P2 is still up at 1350 g with the LB air unit and the H3-3D. Also I suspect that the LB radio link is rather less prone to interference.

Is that from first hand experience? I read on another board there was no channel on LB for gimbal control and it required a separate controller to control the gimbal via classic P2 Rx.

damoncooper said:
Is that from first hand experience? I read on another board there was no channel on LB for gimbal control and it required a separate controller to control the gimbal via classic P2 Rx.

Yes. I have a P2 with Lightbridge - it works exactly the same as running the controller directly to the P2 RX. You may have been reading about problems using LB to control gimbals on other platforms with full 3-axis control, or with dual operator setups. It doesn't apply to the P2.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj