DJI 3 Pro RC update

Reaction score
Please god tell me I haven't broken it???

I am sure everyone has noticed that a new RC update can be downloaded. I have downloaded the update to the app (no problem) but when I pressed the button to upgrade the RC it times out and says 'failed to upgrade'. Now the RC doesn't connect with the aircraft, I can't fly, nothing works!
I have tried to run the update dozens of times but it's the same every time. The controller status light is a white colour, not blue or red.
All the guides mention that disconnecting during updates can cause damage, what 'damage'?
I am worried, does anyone have any ideas?

Please god tell me I haven't broken it???

I am sure everyone has noticed that a new RC update can be downloaded. I have downloaded the update to the app (no problem) but when I pressed the button to upgrade the RC it times out and says 'failed to upgrade'. Now the RC doesn't connect with the aircraft, I can't fly, nothing works!
I have tried to run the update dozens of times but it's the same every time. The controller status light is a white colour, not blue or red.
All the guides mention that disconnecting during updates can cause damage, what 'damage'?
I am worried, does anyone have any ideas?

You can try to rebind it to the phantom.

The damage they are referring to is that the controller firmware can be corrupted. Hopefully you will only need to rebind it to your phantom.

By rebind I guess you mean 'linking RC' which you encourage by pressing a pencil tip in a switch on the Phantom?
I have done thus a few times and it doesn't connect. If you mean something else please tell me what you mean?
What worries me is normally when they are not linked the status light in the RC is red and green for connected, my light appears to be white, a very slight fade if blue.

If you check YouTube there is a video on how to force a firmware upgrade if you had a failure

Any chance of a link to that, I have looked so much I am at a loss

This link might help:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

They mention that if the update should fail, on the next attempt it will fix it. But it sounds like you can't get the second and subsequent attempts to work.

Here is another link on how to rebind the rc to the mc:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hope these help. Don't panic YET!

Thanks for the links, really appreciate the time you have taken.
But, no change. I do know how to link the RC and the Phantom manually and have done it before but it just won't have it.
The RC has never started an update with a USB plugged in and it still doesn't today. I have attached the cable to the Phantom and the RC and followed the instructions but still nothing happens.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.