DJI 2014 NAB Show Updates

Reaction score
A thread to post the haps at the show this coming week. (edit: updated date)

I'm excited to see what they will put out but concerned it will leave me with a P2V paper weight and a $409 vaporware gimbal hole in my pocket.

It's just my luck that I'm #381 for the RP gimbal. Making it where I can't cancel now because I'm in the next batch going out the door. My delima is DJI puts out a better mousetrap with a 3-axis gimbal and my RP ships at the exact same time. Ughh...

It does not open until Monday so I wonder if there is a press day on Sunday when we will discover what the V+ offers.

They tweeted their show hook this morning which was 'A new era of stability' so that would make you think gimbals were involved unless they just mean the new 3 axis one for the P2.

I just hope for a new camera or a gimballed mount for an existing quality camera (better than gopro).

Yes, and the S in stability is a backwards 2. Must have something to do with the Phantom 2 lineup.

Another thought. Let's say they do announce something grandiose that makes our current model quickly depreciate. How long will it take them to bring the actual product to market on any type of scale? Knowing DJI and their past timelines it could be months or even near the end of the year for the holiday buying season. Then again they would be stupid to announce something better that far in advance because it would kill current sales of the model on the market now.

I guess we will know in a few days...

Despite having just gotten a P2V last week, I'm excited and hoping they make it backwards compatible with mine!! If not, then I'll justify it by saying the "old" P2V is now a backup!! :mrgreen:

You know I've been in Rc a long time and blew way to much money over the years on helicopters giant scale airplanes , you name it I had it.
But I'm sorry I just can't afford 1200 bucks every 4 months. And you know that 1200 bucks is just the start with this addiction , cases , battery's , wifi extender and so on.
I just hope they don't make are pv2 obsolete by not giving us the option to upgrade.

Mori55 said:
You know I've been in Rc a long time and blew way to much money over the years on helicopters giant scale airplanes , you name it I had it.
But I'm sorry I just can't afford 1200 bucks every 4 months. And you know that 1200 bucks is just the start with this addiction , cases , battery's , wifi extender and so on.
I just hope they don't make are pv2 obsolete by not giving us the option to upgrade.

Your existing machine will not be obsolete just because some new features might be available. Enjoy your P2V :)

I agree that the fact that they have called the new model a Vision+ would suggest that there will be a short delay between announcement and shipping. They must know that sales of the Vision will grind to a halt. If it was something in the pipeline for later in the year I think it would be called the new P3......

I was over in the hall earlier. Only exhibitors are allowed in today. We will be there in the morning. Anyone else here in Vegas want to get together for some drone chat?

There is a content creaters party tonight at Cesar's Palace at 8:30pm. I will be there in a blue shirt and shorts. My shirt has FujiFilm on it. Be sure to say hi!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik