DJ6 transmitter will not bind to P2

Reaction score
I have exhausted nearly every troubleshooting tool I can find. My transmitter (DJ6) refuses to bind to my P2.

This all started with a crash the other day which did considerable damage to the P2. I have nearly rebuilt the P2 back from scratch. New ESC's, new motors, new compass, new shell, new landing gear, all new wiring throughout. I did not replace the GPS unit nor the NAZA and "UAV Direct" was temporarily out of replacement receivers (yes, I know it could be the receiver). :)

Before the complete rebuild the transmitter would not bind and upon starting up the P2 would only flash yellow lights and the receiver light will only show red on the bottom of the aircraft. Here is all that I have tried …

1 - recalibrated transmitter in "RC Assistant"
2 - recalibrated P2 in "DJI Phantom Assistant" (craft only shows up in "Failsafe" mode and all transmitter controls are blacked out)
3 - tried to rebind transmitter by turning transmitter off, pressing the red receiver button which flashes red, turning on transmitter but receiver only still shows red
3a - retried "step 3" in every possible configuration of turning things on and off and back on and back off and re-hitting the reciever button about 70 times
4 - rebuilt the aircraft
5 - retried all of the above again

I am getting the same blinking yellow light no matter what I try. I think buying a new P2 would have been cheaper and quicker but alas that is not what I did, LOL.

Please HELP! :)

//rob engle

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-07-11 at 10.44.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-07-11 at 10.44.56 PM.png
    157.1 KB · Views: 568
HELP!!! :)

Everything is working except I can not bind the transmitter and I can not get GPS coordinates in my GS.

Still, no matter what just a blinking yellow light on the P2. iOSD works fine … FPV works fine … Gimbal calibrates on power up ?!?!

Anybody else have this issue with a "DJ6" transmitter?

Thank you for your help!

//rob engle

This does not bode well for me.

Today was the first day I flew my P2. I crashed from about 15 feet. No noticeable damage.

I have the same problems you do. Flashing yellows, no binding. I've recalibrated, attempted to rebind the controller, and updated all of the firmware. I'm scared.

Hi everyone!,

well Same issue for me. I've tryed a new GPS, a new Receiver module, a new compass, the transmitter, i'm still stuck in Failsafe Mode and no control, completly stuck!

I'm still searching for an solution.

Bryan

OK,

After a lot of work and search and try and try again, I finally check back again the Receiver module! and well it seem that the problem coming from there. I try a new receiver from another Phantom and seem to work again fine.

So if you got this trouble and the Binding procedure doesn't work... check the receiver module!

How the receiver broked...
the drone was flying at Nunavut in North of Canada. The compass calibration has not been done. Due to the latitude, DJI said in the manual that it could also put in trouble the compass. So after 2 days of flight with no issues the trouble happened during a flight. It was flying the back pointing me. We make a Yaw and then the drone start to act strangely and then it start to turn and try to go somewhere. We try to get back control and bring back close to us. we could only controlled the throttle. We decide to let go the control and the drone change direction at full speed. We try to limit the impact as we could. The impact was very hard, 60 feets drop at full speed. It hit the ground in rocks, roll, spin, at around 40 km/h.

What I supposed it happened...
So the Phantom was in flight, with a very bad compass calibration And with the lattitude mixed with this, when we make the YAW, the compass range exceed the normal range and the GPS and the compass were fighting each other. The impact blowout the receiver module.

What we didn't do...
Calibrate the compass (very important step)
Take the consideration of lattitude
Didn't try the ATTI mode ( when the drone going crazy, try to put the drone in ATTI Mode. This will desengage the gps mode. this could maybe help. Do not close your controller at this time because as it already can't fly right, it will just go away)

Drones : Phantom 2 H3-3D with a gopro.

Hope this help.
I'm not sure about what happened to others but check the receiver module.
Oh and by the way, the Phantom is just fine exept the receiver and plastic near the engine bent a little bit but I fix it with a Heat gun. Of course we change propellers too.

Built like a tank!

Sorry for my bad english!

Bryan

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik