Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

DIY Repair Advice

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by deocder, Sep 23, 2016.

1. deocder

Hello,

I am planning to repair my P3P and am seeking advice. I'm not sure if I need a complete gimbal or only parts for the repair of the gimbal. I am also in the Tuscany area of Italy and am not sure where to source parts. I see very knowledgable people on this forum and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

-Adam
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

2. Great_Lakes

You should be able to only replace the broken parts. Check the flat ribbon cable for any breaks. Use magnification if possible because sometimes a break in the ribbon can be very tiny. It's a good idea to replace it after a crash anyway.

I'm in the US, so I can't help you with where to get parts, but I strongly suggest that you order the ribbon cable directly from DJI.

3. deocder

Thanks, Great Lakes. I live in the US but am on vacation. I will likely have to source the parts when I return.

4. Andrea

Hi deocder (Adam), I live in Italy (Venice area) but I am not aware of many vendors of spare parts for the phantom series.
    If you are really willing to try to repair the camera/gimbal yourself, you can try to contact this site:
    ricambi droni-multirotori dji phantom | Jonathan.it vendita modellismo dinamico e droni online - spedizioni in 24 ore
    (they are not too far from Tuscany).
    Honestly I would buy a new camera/gimbal assembly and keep the broken parts as spare: you would be up in the air much faster.

jerrys54 likes this.
  5. deocder

Thank you, Andrea. I took you advice and ordered a complete gimbal from Amazon.

Can anyone confirm if this is OEM?
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZW0J9VE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Andrea likes this.
  6. Andrea