DIY Repair Advice

Reaction score
Hello,

I am planning to repair my P3P and am seeking advice. I'm not sure if I need a complete gimbal or only parts for the repair of the gimbal. I am also in the Tuscany area of Italy and am not sure where to source parts. I see very knowledgable people on this forum and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

-Adam
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

You should be able to only replace the broken parts. Check the flat ribbon cable for any breaks. Use magnification if possible because sometimes a break in the ribbon can be very tiny. It's a good idea to replace it after a crash anyway.

I'm in the US, so I can't help you with where to get parts, but I strongly suggest that you order the ribbon cable directly from DJI.

You should be able to only replace the broken parts. Check the flat ribbon cable for any breaks. Use magnification if possible because sometimes a break in the ribbon can be very tiny. It's a good idea to replace it after a crash anyway.

I'm in the US, so I can't help you with where to get parts, but I strongly suggest that you order the ribbon cable directly from DJI.

Thanks, Great Lakes. I live in the US but am on vacation. I will likely have to source the parts when I return.

Hi deocder (Adam), I live in Italy (Venice area) but I am not aware of many vendors of spare parts for the phantom series.
If you are really willing to try to repair the camera/gimbal yourself, you can try to contact this site:
ricambi droni-multirotori dji phantom | Jonathan.it vendita modellismo dinamico e droni online - spedizioni in 24 ore
(they are not too far from Tuscany).
Honestly I would buy a new camera/gimbal assembly and keep the broken parts as spare: you would be up in the air much faster.

Reactions: jerrys54
Hi deocder (Adam), I live in Italy (Venice area) but I am not aware of many vendors of spare parts for the phantom series.
If you are really willing to try to repair the camera/gimbal yourself, you can try to contact this site:
ricambi droni-multirotori dji phantom | Jonathan.it vendita modellismo dinamico e droni online - spedizioni in 24 ore
(they are not too far from Tuscany).
Honestly I would buy a new camera/gimbal assembly and keep the broken parts as spare: you would be up in the air much faster.

Thank you, Andrea. I took you advice and ordered a complete gimbal from Amazon.

Can anyone confirm if this is OEM?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZW0J9VE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Reactions: Andrea

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl