DIY ND Filter for Vision +

Reaction score
Trying always to minimize the vibrations on my footage, because YES, sometimes, i can see some little JELLO, i decided to build my own ND Filter Cap for my phantom.
Well, it turned out good, i was a little worried about the weight that the gimbal could take and i now know that is not so weak as i thought it was, actually im guessing that it is meant to be like that, so in the future you can put a "lens filter kit" on it with no issues.

Here im posting some picture of how this thing looks like, about footage, there was not much difference using or not using the ND filter, both recording were vibration less. Today was kind of cloudy, so im hoping to test it in a more sunny day,in that way i can really play with the shutter speed, brighter the day, faster the shutter speed, more vibration on the screen, darker the day, slower shutter speed, less vibration on the screen.
Any way, and ND filter is always helpful if you want to film at snow or something very bright, it can also help reducing the sun glares a little bit. The only problem i noticed about the ND filter i have, that it taints a little bit the color, but is a thing i have to work on any way, regulating ISO, WB, Exposure, etc.

What i did was, buying a cheap ND filter, it costed like 15US, and i sticked it on to a plastic ring about 1 inch wide (inner diameter), i could have used the DJI lens cap but i did not want to rip it.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    384.8 KB · Views: 714
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    407.1 KB · Views: 667
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    324.9 KB · Views: 848
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    410.7 KB · Views: 613
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    431.2 KB · Views: 609
I am rigging up an ND set for my V+ right now for the exact same reasons. The color cast is just due to the cheap ND filter... Still a relatively simple correction in post if it is minimal. To get a transparent ND, you will certainly drop some more coin.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31