Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Distorted lines in video HELP!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jmack_89, Apr 21, 2014.

1. jmack_89

Has anyone had this problem before? I'm using an almost brand new, expensive and fast SD card.
    Doesn't happen all the time, maybe once every 5 or so flights, all the other flights are perfect, not a single issue.

[vimeo]92493464[/vimeo]

2. FlyingFox

Could you post a clip of the video with the lines on, it would help, it could be a few causes, one simple one is a shadow of your props from the sun, puts lines across the video when it shadows across the lens .

3. jmack_89

4. Seahorse

It does look like file corruption - potentially write errors. You say you have a fast card but give no details, it's not a 64GB one I hope as Phantoms and SDXC don't mix... :ugeek:

5. jmack_89

6. Seahorse

Phantom Vision supports recording to a MicroSD/ SDHC card up to 32 GB. The card you linked is compatible afaics.

A quick search for Sandisk extreme plus 32 takes me to this page which cleary states "SanDisk Extreme® PLUS SDXC™ UHS-I card"

SDHC & SDXC are different and Phantoms don't play nice with the latter.

7. jmack_89

Thanks, might invest in another card and see what happens. The extreme plus I have is definitely SDHC, just had a triple check and it has it written on the card itself.

Also its not the vision, running a go pro hero black but still. might get a different, maybe even a 16GB to compare. see if it does the same thing because it does definitely look like write error.. cheers.

8. Seahorse