Distance

fiffu i don't under stand what you are saying. I started this just to see what kind of
distance people are flying before they turn around. not what the bird can do.
I seem to get scared around 2000 ft. then turn around. I know the bird will go farther I just get nervous.
I was nervous for a while switching to the other modes for a while after getting my P4. After pretty good experience with P mode, Sport and Atti modes, they aren't even a though, let alone and issue. Same with me with distance.

You may be nervous now for long distance flying but after a little experience, you may spread your wings a little wider, increasing your distance as you do. Also, I live close to very wide open areas so that helped me reach out, but city living would have clipped my wings for a while until I was able to find wide open spaces.

Good luck!

Good responese so far,I still would like to here from some newbee.
I have been flying for about two years now. But I have only been flying
the p4 for two month. I usually get out about 2000ft. and turn around.
Just wondering how others are doing.

On my fourth or fifth flight I went out to 10,000' having never flown a UAV before, other than cheap ones.

She's still flying strong, bought when they were released in March. There's a few more thousand feet to squeeze out but not sure I want to push it as I fly over water.

Reactions: Turbomania
I had a Standard for 9 months before I crashed it, and just got the P4 10 days ago.
It took me a few days to get comfortable enough to do a long range flight.
I sent it out over the river and went 8600 feet before I started getting red bars then turned it around.
It didn't lose connection or video but I'm sure it would have shortly. I just ordered some Windsurfers from Amazon
($10.00 how can ya go wrong?) and will try it again after I get them.

She's still flying strong, bought when they were released in March. There's a few more thousand feet to squeeze out but not sure I want to push it as I fly over water.

Yes, my post, it was a joke :) because you just mention 1 way :eek:

I know, I know. I feel I have to state 1 way as I don't want to cause an uproar saying I flew 40,000' stock, the written word and how it's read can cause confusion ;)

Reactions: Peter Galbavy
13136 ft out. stock.

I've read members doing optimum speed/distance tests and they came up with 31mph. Some modify their controller to adjust/hold the throttle at the right mph during the flight.

So you are saying that a certain position of the right stick forward makes the P4 go a specific ground speed and that it automatically adjusts the airspeed of P4 to maintain that specific groundspeed? If so, the mechanical stop on the right stick definitely makes sense.

are most of you flying over water on these long flights? I live in a wooded
area and usually lose sight around 2000ft. I do have room to keep going
I guess I will just do a little more each flight.

With the wind surfers on, I have gone 12650' without any loss of signal. The reason I turned back was the low battery warning. I brought it straight back and landed with 22%
battery, 25682' traveled and a flight time of 21 minutes. I don't know how guys are going much further on the battery charge, but that is far enough for me.(maybe)

With the wind surfers on, I have gone 12650' without any loss of signal. The reason I turned back was the low battery warning. I brought it straight back and landed with 22%
battery, 25682' traveled and a flight time of 21 minutes. I don't know how guys are going much further on the battery charge, but that is far enough for me.(maybe)

Are you slowly gaining altitude as you are flying and not flying straight up and then starting to fly? Are you flying in the 31 mph range? I try not to gain any altitude if possible as I fly over water and I lose battery power on the climb.

Last edited:
Well I went 3000ft. out yesterday. Baby steps I know,But a little at a time is
what I am comfortable with. May be 35-40 next week

Don't you fly an Inspire controller?

I tested that 658B for about 10 flights, Sold it.
13136' was with the stock 300C, I have had the 300A out 16100' ... both mostly over water is why.
Both of my P4's have had great range out of the box. I don't have much WiFi interference to deal with.
If i head out over the tree's that number drops to 5/7K ft.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic