Distance with P3 Advanced

Reaction score
I was having distant issues with my P3 standard and I am looking at the P3 advanced. What can I expect in distance with it?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I was having distant issues with my P3 standard and I am looking at the P3 advanced. What can I expect in distance with it?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
On a average day i go about 15,000' out one way, i also use windsurfers. I would highly recommend getting a pair of windsurfers' they usually take you out as far as the battery will allow!

Reactions: Numone
Well, you will achieve more distance with the Advanced, but if you're having distance issues with the Standard (such as interference, flying not line of sight, flying behind trees or hills or buildings, have controller pointed in wrong direction to bird, etc), then all of those will also affect your distance on the Advanced.

I have a P3S and P3A and with the P3S i could get about 1000' with trees and other obstructions and with the P3A i went 2200' and could have kept going with the same obstructions in the way that i had with the P3S i was just to afraid to go any further lol

It all depends on the environment you fly in but in a clear area away from interference the stated specs are achievable.
Max Distance Up to 5 km or 3.1 miles (unobstructed, free of interference) when FCC compliant
Up to 3.5 km or 2.1 miles (unobstructed, free of interference) when CE compliant

I have a P3A. I have windsurfers and live in the hills of southern Ohio. Also, very little interference issues of any sort. I find if I have a good line of sight, I can go out anywhere from 2 1/4- 2 1/2 miles one way. I do have to fly somewhat higher than normal at around 350ft plus though. If I do not have good LOS or have to fight more hills, that gets cut down to about 8-10,000ft. Not sure on windsurfer research/opinions, but for 20$ hard to go wrong.

with the P3A the max I have gotten is a little over 4000 feet @ 390 high. Between 200-300 I get to 2000 and lose everything. Usually start to lose signal at ~ 3000 feet when at max altitude BUT, I have a few obstructions in the way.of which most are 100-150 high.

Attachments

• DJI_0027.JPG
    DJI_0027.JPG
    247.2 KB · Views: 311
  • DJI_0044.JPG
    DJI_0044.JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 300
It's like day and night, not only in terms of distance but also of live video lag.
With the recent drop in prices, you won't regret your choice.
Lightbridge is something every remote controlled device should adopt.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik