Distance test with DGI GO and Litchi app

S

sandman259

I don't have the 32 hack but I know litchi uses all 32 so I think I'm gonna do a test at the same location and direction and go as far as I can go using both apps to see which one holds video and signal the furthest... In theory litchi should in a contested area but will find out...anybody else tried this before?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I would also like to know, I am planning on getting the litchi app and was wondering the same thing, about the 32 ch hack I updated my drone app and rc to latest firmware and was on ch 32 and lost sig around 200 to 300ft and switched mid flight back to auto and got up to 800ft or so but before I updated everything I could get up 1,370 with no problems, keeps us updated!

Ok just tested it tonight in my neighborhood. Went out the same direction and same height on both apps using auto channel on both. They both basically flew almost the exact same distance. So at least in my case and experiment it made no difference having the other channels on the litchi app...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

The extra channels do not get used when in auto channel mode.

Channels don't make for stronger signal. At best they allow you to fly with less interference. If you are in an area with interference this can make a difference. However, lacking substantial interference you won't see any change.

Last edited:
I was in a congested neighborhood, and if litchi does use all channels in auto mode then it didn't make a difference in my situation....

That's weird I thought that was only in the Dji go app when you have the 32 channel hack. I figured since litchi already has that in there it would be implemented in the auto mode...

Guys I have a question about Litchi ! I am considering buying it but I am wondering about the go home feature, does it work on litchi?? Really love to have the ability to set waypoints and a go to feature which I am assuming litchi has?

Yes it works but be aware there's no cancel RTH on the screen like Dji go app. I panicked the other day when I wanted to shut it off cause it wasn't gonna land where I wanted it too and couldn't find the cancel button. Was fighting it with the sticks the whole way down sweating my *** off from stress that it was gonna crash...found out later you have to hit the RTH button on the remote again to cancel it[emoji848]

Yes it works but be aware there's no cancel RTH on the screen like Dji go app. I panicked the other day when I wanted to shut it off cause it wasn't gonna land where I wanted it too and couldn't find the cancel button. Was fighting it with the sticks the whole way down sweating my *** off from stress that it was gonna crash...found out later you have to hit the RTH button on the remote again to cancel it[emoji848]

or just flip back and forth out of P flight mode and GPS flight mode

Yes I read that too[emoji6]. Wasn't able to think straight though as it was coming fast to the ground and fighting I the whole way...my heart was racing...had to stop and go have a cold beer after I finally got it down...kind of dumb they don't have a cancel on the screen like the go app...only makes sense.

Thx Sandman!!

Channels don't make for stronger signal. At best they allow you to fly with less interference. If you are in an area with interference this can make a difference. However, lacking substantial interference you won't see any change.
What he said ....

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik