Distance test - RTH scare.

Back to topic PLEASE.

Want to clarify a few things: RTH is triggered in both 5.8ghz Controller signal loss AND 2.4ghz Wifi loss. And it happens after 3 seconds of no signal, not 20 seconds. In one case (the controller losing signal first) you'll watch on your phone as the quadcopter initiates the whole RTH sequence. In the other case, you won't have video or telemetry to know that your quadcopter is in that mode -- until it gets back into range and the signal picks up against.

There's a thread on it here: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28402

I'd highly recommend switching your drone to NAZA-M mode, that way you can easily flick a switch on the controller to trigger "RTH" which will make you feel much safer.

And I find the reason that it can seem to take longer than 3 seconds to kick into RTH is that RTH is only activated after three seconds of NO signal. Often you'll have a tiny eeny weeny bit of it go through for a few milliseconds with resets the 3 second clock.

jwegener said:
Back to topic PLEASE.

Want to clarify a few things: RTH is triggered in both 5.8ghz Controller signal loss AND 2.4ghz Wifi loss. And it happens after 3 seconds of no signal, not 20 seconds. In one case (the controller losing signal first) you'll watch on your phone as the quadcopter initiates the whole RTH sequence. In the other case, you won't have video or telemetry to know that your quadcopter is in that mode -- until it gets back into range and the signal picks up against.

There's a thread on it here: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28402

I'd highly recommend switching your drone to NAZA-M mode, that way you can easily flick a switch on the controller to trigger "RTH" which will make you feel much safer.

RTH is only triggered by RC/control aka 5.8Ghz loss NOT the wifi signal loss.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik