Distance Question

Reaction score
Is this normal? Should I be impressed or concerned? Manual says this thing is good for 500m, so I should be impressed right? I guess I just need some reassurance.
ab525ba6b9f9719cf84b9d09ef5c9a66.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Need, more info, what happened?
Lost it,
Lost Video (Camera View),
Lost RC signal,
RTH was activated,
How many flights?
Sorry, just some questions that will come up.
;)

My distance is about 1800 meters in city and can go 2300 meters on a lake. With windsurfer, mine can go 3.8km. You might be in a WiFi congested with a lot of interference.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Need, more info, what happened?
Lost it,
Lost Video (Camera View),
Lost RC signal,
RTH was activated,
How many flights?
Sorry, just some questions that will come up.
;)
Lost video feed, then it asked me of I wanted to initiate RTH, naturally I said yes and back she came. I actually don't think RC signal was lost, does it ask you for RTH if the video feed goes out? I've done maybe 15-20 flights since I bought it a couple of weeks ago.

My distance is about 1800 meters in city and can go 2300 meters on a lake. With windsurfer, mine can go 3.8km. You might be in a WiFi congested with a lot of interference.

I am in a suburban area with probably 50+ wireless routers, one in each house. You can go 1800 meters with the P3standard? Which windsurver are you using?

Been over 8700', 100% stock P3s...it can be done.

Reactions: dotcomray
Rest assured nothing is wrong. I get those same distances (or LESS) with mine, while in my home location which is surrounded by houses / wifi signals, etc. I took it to the country and it flew 1.3 miles on my first try.

Rest assured nothing is wrong. I get those same distances (or LESS) with mine, while in my home location which is surrounded by houses / wifi signals, etc. I took it to the country and it flew 1.3 miles on my first try.
Thank you for this confirmation, I have never taken it out to the country yet. I look forward to distance tests when I can find a nice spot.

I am in a suburban area with probably 50+ wireless routers, one in each house. You can go 1800 meters with the P3standard? Which windsurver are you using?
Yes. 1800m(city) and 2300m(lake) completely stock. I use 3D print windsurfer $5 from eBay and it usually give me 70-100% additional range.

Sounds like Wifi interference to me:)

Reactions: dotcomray
Windsurfer, isn't going to help on imaging on a Standard.

I think your distance is normal if there are many interference. 500-700m is good enough for normal photography and videography.

Distance is not a big deal. I was just testing it once or twice and have no interest to do it again. I know I can go further in some rural area but it has no meaning. I rarely take video at that kind of distance. Just enjoy flying your bird around you and take good photo and video. I enjoy learning smooth aerial videography than doing long distance flying.

Distance is a HUGE deal. How else can one earn the right to say "neener, neener" to the other P3 owners? :confused:;)

Oh! I forgot, 8706 feet;

Neener, neener... :eek::D:po_O;)

Reactions: Ohiowoodsman

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub