Distance question

Reaction score
I was looking at the FPVLR booster. They claim a P3P went 8.5 mikes round trip. I don't see how it can go that far and yet still have 46% battery left as shown in their ad. According to that data, the ac could go almost 17 miles on a single battery. Maybe I'm nitpicking, but I just don't see how it could do what they are saying. On top of that, it did all this in just over 12 minutes? I know, I'm picking on them but I just can't see it happening. Anyone here think its possible?

I'm pretty sure that Phantom had a Battery Mod done to it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

The 12 mins you're seeing is the app's estimation of how much flight time is left per the battery.

Note the video time. It shows 17 minutes. The miles traveled is about 8 miles or so. 30 mph. Makes perfect sense.

Hope this helps.

anyone that flies that long has the battery mod.
M0I3MTY4NDVFRUNDNURBNkY4Qjc6NzE5NDUyNjM1NjM2MWIzOGNiOGRmNmRiZGRkMWIyNTU6Ojo6OjA=

Yeah basically what you have in that picture. I modified mine a little bit further cut some of the excess material off the bracket and I use custom 2000mah 4s batteries. I can give you a couple brand names that will give you over 30 minutes venom fly 2300 mAh high voltage batteries I have flown over 31 minutes with but that was to 0%. Hyperion g6 2400 mAh high voltage batteries will do it too.

Reactions: Ed209
Yeah basically what you have in that picture. I modified mine a little bit further cut some of the excess material off the bracket and I use custom 2000mah 4s batteries. I can give you a couple brand names that will give you over 30 minutes venom fly 2300 mAh high voltage batteries I have flown over 31 minutes with but that was to 0%. Hyperion g6 2400 mAh high voltage batteries will do it too.

I see these batteries come in 14.8v and 15.2v...Which ones are you using? Thanks

Got it. Was just doing more research on the batteries. Seems the DJI batteries are LiHV too. So the kit from FPV Customs while works comes with 14.8v nanotech 1600s. I'll order up a set of the LiHV too. I'm seeing good results with the Hyperion G6 2400s.

Got it. Was just doing more research on the batteries. Seems the DJI batteries are LiHV too. So the kit from FPV Customs while works comes with 14.8v nanotech 1600s. I'll order up a set of the LiHV too. I'm seeing good results with the Hyperion G6 2400s.
Rookie flyer here, but how is that RC transmitting that far? Are they just flying blind or is the video capable of going that distance as well, with the mods?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Rookie flyer here, but how is that RC transmitting that far? Are they just flying blind or is the video capable of going that distance as well, with the mods?

with a direct line of sight and flat area, you can go that far. I did 15000 miles one way, 30k round trip with my fpvlr advanced kit, and still had bars left. The owner tony is a good guy, and have a 10 % off coupon for this month on the website

Reactions: stulpin300m
The flight you're talking about is mine.,,,
Haha... I was laying in bed last night and thought to myself "I bet that was Unknown Caller's app screen..."

with a direct line of sight and flat area, you can go that far. I did 15000 miles one way, 30k round trip with my fpvlr advanced kit, and still had bars left. The owner tony is a good guy, and have a 10 % off coupon for this month on the website

You mean 15000 feet? Yes, Tony has done a lot for the hobby, not just in making/selling antennas but also in advice and tips in this site on how to do mods.

Have video the whole way with antenna mod like the FPVLR V2 these things are possible with a clear line of sight.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4