Distance Problem

Reaction score
Hi, I just got my light bridge,

I have phantom 2 with it's original remote.

I have problem of reception, signal is nowhere near 1.7km, as the matter of fact, I loose signal in 200-300 meters. And yes it's absolutely clear view.

Is there any settings I should consider checking? Or how can you guys recommend to troubleshoot it. I don't even know what to check. I'm in a very urgent need to solve this problem, as in 2 days I have a very important shoot, so your help will be really appreciated.

Let me know where to start, and if for troubleshooting you need more details, and what details can I provide to help you help me :)

lbakhia said:
Hi, I just got my light bridge,

I have phantom 2 with it's original remote.

I have problem of reception, signal is nowhere near 1.7km, as the matter of fact, I loose signal in 200-300 meters. And yes it's absolutely clear view.

Is there any settings I should consider checking? Or how can you guys recommend to troubleshoot it. I don't even know what to check. I'm in a very urgent need to solve this problem, as in 2 days I have a very important shoot, so your help will be really appreciated.

Let me know where to start, and if for troubleshooting you need more details, and what details can I provide to help you help me :)

how are you using the phantom 2 with original remote and lightbridge? you cant?... an not supposed to. The DJI controller does not have the trainer port to connect to the lightbridge port, as the remote no longer connects to the phantom it connects to the lightbridge and then to the phantom. no rf signal goes from remote to phantom now it goes through LB. so you are supposed to get a different remote for example a futaba 14sg and then go that way. If i am getting you wrong then please explain again. If its antennas just try mounting the antennas on the legs, dont cross over the antenna wires at all anywhere, and try using the white paddle antennas on opposite legs. in the app set to distance priority in video signal part. i have not got to 1.7 km i have reached max 550m but in heavey wifi, cell signal and not fully line of sight. im in big city and have issues with distance too, but im working on it. if others have any tips on distance that be cool.

Attachments

• IMG_0481.jpg
    IMG_0481.jpg
    419.6 KB · Views: 1,129
Well, yes there in no trainer port, but I'm using it without one, without connecting at that port at all. But it does work, on short range. Actauly now that you said it, I noticed that on several occasions, the remote lost the signal with phantom exactly at the same time as video signal was lost.

As for antennas, I have not tried that, so I will try it, maybe that is the reason, I only used the other thin wire type antennas.

I'm testing on a clear field, away from city. And if I get to 500-600 meters, I guess I would be fine, but, when I said that i go all the way to 200-300 meters, that is maximum, in many cases it stop receiving in 100-150 meters as well.

I bought LB with such a hope that I was solving my problem of transmission.

Thanks for the reply by the way :)

lbakhia said:
Well, yes there in no trainer port, but I'm using it without one, without connecting at that port at all. But it does work, on short range. Actauly now that you said it, I noticed that on several occasions, the remote lost the signal with phantom exactly at the same time as video signal was lost.

As for antennas, I have not tried that, so I will try it, maybe that is the reason, I only used the other thin wire type antennas.

I'm testing on a clear field, away from city. And if I get to 500-600 meters, I guess I would be fine, but, when I said that i go all the way to 200-300 meters, that is maximum, in many cases it stop receiving in 100-150 meters as well.

Stop. You absolutely cannot use the Phantom stock controller with the Lightbridge system, because they both operate in the 2.4 GHz band. You will get serious interference at both ends and significantly reduced range in both directions (control and video). This is clearly explained in the documentation - I suggest that you read it before proceeding further.

The Lightbridge is intended to be used for both control and FPV video, which requires a radio controller with a trainer port that connects directly to the Lightbridge ground unit, so that the Lightbridge handles all radio traffic. The only alternative is to swap out the 2.4 GHz control link for a 5.8 GHz link, but since that requires a new radio and receiver anyway, and loses the control range benefits of the Lightbridge system, it is basically pointless.

lbakhia said:

you are bound to lose that thing trying what you are doing, It will just mess with the signal either way, If you lose it by this way DJI wont be able to help u as u are going against what is supposed to be used with. (IM NOT WITH dji BUT I FIGURE....)
spend the money get the right remote, save your $3000 dollar bird from getting messed up. and read the installation manual again please, or can you tell me where about you live so i can start looking for a lost P2 :) just sayn.

Oh dear god....... does anyone sense a flyaway coming on??.... Mmmmmm???????

Why do these people buy this equipment if they:

1. Refuse to read the manuals?
2. Do not have a clue how to use what they have bought?
3. Buy something that requires a 'learning curve' 2 days before an 'important' shoot?

Hello,

I am new to the forum and a new P2 owner with about 25 flights totaling about 7 hours of flight time.

I just recieved my P2 H3-3D with the Lightbridge kit on the Futaba T8fgs transmitter from a online dealer, preassembled and tested before shipped to me.

I've had a couple growing pains since recieving my kit, I'm hoping to get some help on this site.

First, since I've had my kit these last 2 days I've not been able to login to the DJI LB app. I keep getting the "request timeout" after entering in my email and password on my Galaxy Pro 10.1" tablet. It just so happend that the DJI server is apparently down the weekend I recieved my LB, at least that's what one of the dealers online said. Another dealer told me that I needed to be on Wifi or have LTE service to run the LB app, is this true? Please tell me NO!!! If so, this will kill all the plans I have for my Phantom, both business and personal.

Second, I've lost my LB remote signal 3 times tonight, everytime roughly 600-700ft away, resulting in the P2 going into Fail Safe mode and returning home. Twice I lost it in "smooth pan" mode at roughly 650 ft in the air, total lost signal. The other time I was just flying around 700ft up and it entered into FS mode. I have no clue what's happing, and getting support from dealers is literally impossible or useless and forget about emailing DJI support.

My T8fgs that came with my kit did not come with a Futaba reciever, all they did is unplug the stock reciever to allow access for the LB cable. That being said, I've tried turning off RF and I still lost LB signal, even though I knew the reciever was not linked with the stock reciever.

Hopefully someones experienced these issues and can give me some assistance.

Thanks,

Lance

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj