Distance of the Phantom 4

More than 3 miles one way.

You have to be specific. Is that with stock antenna or modded? If you get 7,000 feet with stock antenna, your P4 is doing just fine.

Yes that's stock.
The spec say 3.1 miles.
Yes, 3.1 miles in the most optimum conditions possible. With all the RF interference and wind conditions in the real world, 7,000 feet is good enough. I flew mine with windsurfers in one of the largest parks here in Manitoba, Canada, and my bird went as far as 2.3km or 7,500 feet before I lost signal.

Reactions: Suhail78
16000 ft one way on a stock p4.
environment (buildings, trees, undulating surface....) and interference (cell towers, wifi...) are factors to check.

You have to be specific. Is that with stock antenna or modded? If you get 7,000 feet with stock antenna, your P4 is doing just fine.
I used a stock Inspire RC model C in open space/desert.
Look below and see my description.

I hit 16,000+ with the, stock set up, straight from the box , I've since upgraded the antenna with one from MaxxUAV.com to get better signal strength, cuz at about 16,000+ft it starts to get the weak trans mission signal....could not be happier ,,,get one from Jake, customer care is top shelf

What altitude and how much battery left?

I flew at 60' for approximately 18,000' and had a momentary Weak Image Transmission Signal warning so rose up to 120' or so for the remainder of the flight. This was over water. Landed with 18% battery.

Reactions: snowghost
I flew at 60' for approximately 18,000' and had a momentary Weak Image Transmission Signal warning so rose up to 120' or so for the remainder of the flight. This was over water. Landed with 18% battery.
Nice range and good aim r62, plus you have a safe 18% left.

Thanks. I could have been more efficient. I flew out with GPS so in a straight line, but went to Atti for the return thinking I'd use less battery without GPS but I then drifted a little on the return trip. If I'd flown a straight line back I think I could have done a little better.

Antennas up, parallel and pointing in the direction of your bird? Still, 7k' isn't that bad at all in a heavy interference environment. I got 26,243' out one night during pretty much ideal conditions. If I fly north from my house to a water tower about a mile a way, I get disconnected before ever making it about 99% of the time. I have the 32 channel hack and windsurfers, otherwise it is a stock setup.

Has anyone able to get more than 7000 feet away with the Phantom 4?

Thats the best I could get with mine.. Sad!!
Poor range (often less than a mile) is common for P4. Almost everyone ends up putting on a better antenna, or getting a more powerful controller like me so you can go 2 to 3 miles. You read more about this here.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4