Distance issues, first time post

Reaction score
Hello all, this is my first post in the forum. I bought my Phantom vision + about a week ago.

I am having disappointing range issues! Stock, I would lose FPV at about 1000 feet. I live in West Palm Beach so I visited FPVLR and Tony installed stage 2 on the receiver. This gave me about 1800 feet of range which was great but not near what I am supposed to be getting. I almost aways lose FPV first, but I think I lost control of RF once also. Very frustrated..... I know I am in FCC mode in my software.. I have the new receiver and there is only one screw on the back, I have not messed with it yet. This was my next step, I saw earlier in the thread that someone said to turn it clockwise.

I am going to Tony on Monday to install birds antennas for both ..... Any other suggestions guys??? I flew it on the beach today where it there should not have been much interference and I only got about 1800 Feet.... I am flying in a small city (West Palm) but do you think that would cut down the distance that much?

Thanks guys

Re: Distance issues, Stage 2 FPVLR first time post

Parrottvision said:
Hello all, this is my first post in the forum. I bought my Phantom vision + about a week ago.

I am going to Tony on Monday to install birds antennas for both ..... Any other suggestions guys??? I flew it on the beach today where it there should not have been much interference and I only got about 1800 Feet.... I am flying in a small city (West Palm) but do you think that would cut down the distance that much?

Thanks guys

Tony would be the best guy to ask when you go to see him. Because I get further than that with just my stock antennas.

Thanks for the responses guys..... I dont know what I am doing wrong.

I am going out to the beach right now for a sunrise flight on Palm Beach Island, going to film the breakers.

Hopefully I can get better range this morning.... Will post a follow up later after the flight.

Have a good morning chaps!

Good Morning all, ran 3 batterys through her at sunrise. Took some amazing shots of the breakers palm beach. Editing the video now.

Unfortunately, It still lost signal of Fpv at about 1800 feet.. Again my bird is completly stock, the reciver just has stage 2 fpvlr...

I dont know what to do.. I should be getting much farther than 1800 feet..

Anyone have issues with distance on the Phantom2 vision plus version 3.0 ?

Once you are at th FPVLR shop you could ask Tony to measure your power output from the wifi unit.
Once the leads are installed it can be done easily.

Stock you should get 3000+ ft.

Thanks guys.... So disappointed...I spoke with Tony.. he thinks there has to be something wrong.... Possibly with the Birds wifi amplifier... This would be very disappointing considering it has never been crashed before and is only 8 days old...

Has anyone had issues from the factory regarding wi fi range?

On Monday Tony is going to test the signal from the bird to see if that is the problem or not..

I cant believe I paid $1500 for something that does not work correctly.......

I dont know what to do

Good Morning Guys, I hope you all had a great thankgiving.

Update... I think part of the problem may be the fact that I am newb.

This morning I got the Bird to go about 3200 Feet, which is by far my best distance. I didnt even lose FPV, but I got nervous because it was so far away. I did notice that the wifi signal was getting a little weak but not to bad.

What I am starting to realize is how important the Antenna angle is when flying, also how important altitude is to keep LOS.

SO once I had enough balls to take her up to 500 feet and messed with how the antenna was pointing I started getting more distance.

is the angling of the antennas on really that important for long distance?? I am starting to think it is, small adjustments seem to make a big difference. I think I need to understand better how the reciever pushes the signals to the bird.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31