Distance advice for a U.K noob

Reaction score
Good evening all, first off I apologise if this has been asked already I have searched the forum but can't find a comprehensive answer I'm sure relates to the uk/eu.

I am one click away from purchasing a P3S but I am concerned with the transmission range in the uk, in DJI's spec it says 500m (ce), the 'CE' would lead me to believe this is a European restriction programmed into the machine. Is this correct? If so is there any way around it? I have seen dozens of YouTube videos of people fitting argtek boosters or similar and getting far greater distances out of a P3S but once again no idea if this is in uk/eu.
To begin with I would have no intention of going further than 500m but it would be good to know I could take it further with a simple mod once I've found my feet, otherwise I will just buy a P3A to begin with.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

DJI's spec it says 500m (ce), the 'CE' would lead me to believe this is a European restriction programmed into the machine. Is this correct? If so is there any way around it?
Yes. There is no way around it.

You will be lucky to get 500m in a congested area, and quite rightly so. You shouldn't be flying over homes or the like so you pay in distance by flying near locations with wifi signals. However when you are free from such shackles, and it's safer to fly as such, you can easily see 1500m (5000+ft) from a modified P3s

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Buy a p3a, I'm in the uk and got one brand new for £595, they're now £550

Gumtree. A guy in Hazel Grove called Peter. As far as I know he still has some. They are USA stock code. I've had one a few weeks now. Great guy to do business with. He does spares and repairs to.

Thanks for that, just seen it and it's an absolute bargain but I can't do cash, this is very much a credit card purchase! Might wait another month and see what happens to the price elsewhere. Cheers though!

Thanks for that, just seen it and it's an absolute bargain but I can't do cash, this is very much a credit card purchase! Might wait another month and see what happens to the price elsewhere. Cheers though!

Try the apple store. They were 628 just before I bought one from that guy. Apple were the cheapest which was surprising. Free Delivery and great returns policy.

Interest free available on the high street as well

I'm in the UK and got my Standard to 700 Meters today (All Stock). Lost video signal however still had full RC signal, not bad!

Thanks all, going to wait a few weeks and keep doing my research. No doubt I'll be back on here before long once I've made the plunge asking for some other advice! Cheers!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers