Dissapointment

I got a P3A and I love it. People are quick to write complaints.. But not a lot write about anything good or positive. I live in London, England and I had an issue with P3S and spoke to DJI online. They we're fast, helpful and perfect. I have no issues at all with my drone. People complain about hairline cracks but for me I have none and this is also slamming it into metal railings the other week. I think you will have a great time. Go out to a wide open space on your first go, then fly around. Once your comfy with it turn off the flight height and distance restrictions off in the app and go that bit further... Believe me... You will love it. Just try not to have one of them nights where you have a few beers and say "I really fancy flying the drone now" lol that would be the only issue you may face. Lol. Good luck, keep us posted and welcome to the forum [emoji2][emoji2]

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: 1973bro
Note to self, don't drink & fly! Ok got it ; )
I've had heaps of people give plenty of positive feedback & comments of their great experiences now, so I'm starting to regain my initial enthusiasm.
Cheers for the heads up ; )

Reactions: Neon Euc
Note to self, don't drink & fly! Ok got it ; )
I've had heaps of people give plenty of positive feedback & comments of their great experiences now, so I'm starting to regain my initial enthusiasm.
Cheers for the heads up ; )

For sure, DO NOT drink and fly, and there are two main reasons why. You need to be fully on your game with these systems, and things can happen very fast that require very fast and accurate responses. Drinking is definitely not conducive to this. Also, as we all know, drinking lowers our inhibitions, and it very likely would result in our doing things with the copter that we typically would not do, risking others, ourselves, and the device itself... Totally not worth it. Afterwards however, with the copter packed away - as you review the pics and vids from an awesome session - I have found that a way overly priced and trendy IPA tastes very delicious and kind of hits the spot.

The P4 was my first dji product and I researched all my options before choosing it. My decision was based on sturdy build the good phantom track record and a reasonable price for this type of technology. I am not disappointed in any way what so ever. You will read of problems here because pilots want answers for mostly their mistakes. The weakest link in flying my bird is me and I am getting better with every flight. The places you will see once up there will amaze you and will give you another reality of the area you live in. You will probably shake inside on your flight and feel like a kid, that's good, take your time to learn and UNDESTAND all the data on your screen and know how to program it first, it's not that hard. Take your time, one small step at a time and your craft will survive. On your first flights stay close and learn to fly. Many pilots here will share their knowledge and help you to fly safe. Love your new addiction!

I think the bottom line is you can read all the comments but you can't really judge till you've owned/flown it yourself...

The P4 was my first dji product and I researched all my options before choosing it. My decision was based on sturdy build the good phantom track record and a reasonable price for this type of technology. I am not disappointed in any way what so ever. You will read of problems here because pilots want answers for mostly their mistakes. The weakest link in flying my bird is me and I am getting better with every flight. The places you will see once up there will amaze you and will give you another reality of the area you live in. You will probably shake inside on your flight and feel like a kid, that's good, take your time to learn and UNDESTAND all the data on your screen and know how to program it first, it's not that hard. Take your time, one small step at a time and your craft will survive. On your first flights stay close and learn to fly. Many pilots here will share their knowledge and help you to fly safe. Love your new addiction!

Thanks for the helpful comments, I will certainly be taking it slow for the first few flights & am feeling a bit more confident with my purchase than I was after my initial first impression from this forum.
Have been doing a fair bit of research, you tube & studying the online manual.
Now if I can just finish this work away from home job off & get my hands on the parcel waiting for me...
Pretty keen for sure!!!

When I first bought my P3P I found myself in the same predicament as you.

Nothing is perfect when it comes to drones, but never had some of the issues that you see individuals having in this forum. A lot of those issues are created by human errors.
Last week I was reading a thread in this forum about a lost drone, the OP was pretty sure Litchi was the culprit the drone flew away, he had only flown the aircraft less than 5 times. The discussion went on and everybody was trying to figure out what happened. It turned out the OP set the return to home altitude at 400 meters.
The manual clearly explain how return to home works, and instructs the user to set a safe altitude for the drone to return should the connection to RC is disrupted or for other reasons. Well, 400 meters = 1,312 feet, the Phantom in this case did exactly what he asked for it to do, go up to 1,312 feet or at least try. The Phantom by then did not have enough battery left to pick up that altitude, not to mention that in the United States we are supposed to fly under 400 ft.
All in all, I now have 2 drones, a P3P and a P4.

Do not let all of that negativity block your enthusiasm, soon that negativity will turn into excitement.

Have fun flying. I will see you up in the air one of these days.

I love the DJI Phantom 4. It is a great machine. I am amazed at how many features are packed in such a small space. I am still a novice and learning the methods for getting better footage. My only complaint is the short battery range. I hope the battery technology improves and they offer an upgrade in the future. I am like a little kid and never want to quit flying it!

My only complaint is the short battery range.

JWH, the battery range in my P3P and my Autel is shorter than the one on the P4. On both of those drones I get close to 18 minutes. When I bought the P4 it was a huge upgrade in terms of flying time.,

I hope the battery technology improves and they offer an upgrade in the future.

The technology is already here at a price tag. There is a drone that can fly for 60 minutes for as low as $58,000 the AEE F100.

If that is a little much the AEE F50 can fly for 40 minutes at a reduced price of $37,000 plus you get a range of 12 miles.

Reactions: JWH
JWH, the battery range in my P3P and my Autel is shorter than the one on the P4. On both of those drones I get close to 18 minutes. When I bought the P4 it was a huge upgrade in terms of flying time.,

The technology is already here at a price tag. There is a drone that can fly for 60 minutes for as low as $58,000 the AEE F100.

If that is a little much the AEE F50 can fly for 40 minutes at a reduced price of $37,000 plus you get a range of 12 miles.

There aren't enough digits in my checkbook for those! I guess 20 minutes or so is all I get. I have two batteries now. I will eventually get a couple more.

My P3Pro is going to be on craiglist tonight, I am ordering a P4 Pro. That is going to leave me with a P4 and P4 Pro, batteries are interchangeable.

The P4 Pro is out, it packs an impressive 30 minutes of flying time. Dual rear vision sensors and infrared sensing systems to provide a total of five directions of obstacle sensing and four direction of obstacle avoidance.

Buy Phantom 4 Pro | DJI Store

Phantom 4 Pro (available in the DJI store)
You know they had that technology 7 months ago when the P4 was released I mean it already had sensors on the front so why not on the rear then , ok let me stop we all know it's another way to make them money...still awsome products DJI all the way

...still awsome products DJI all the way

I am not brand loyal, I like DJI's technology / products. My only complaint has always been less than acceptable DJI's customer service. If they can improve in this department they have a shot at dominating the drone market.

I am not brand loyal, I like DJI's technology / products. My only complaint has always been less than acceptable DJI's customer service. If they can improve in this department they have a shot at dominating the drone market.
I hear you , guess I've been lucky in 3 years from the P2 on up never had to use it...

Probably because you treat your drone like you would treat a lady.

Reactions: go fast

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dosserdd