Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Display prices getting better

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Roadking, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Roadking

I put a deposit on a new P4, so now I'm looking for a display. The iPad mini 2 with wifi/cellular 16gb is $199 brand new. Seems to be the right size and has all the features, although I wouldn't activate the cell service. They have 32gb models for $250 but I don't think extra memory is necessary since this will be used exclusively for the transmitter.
    Will that fit ok on the controller?

2. CaptainDrone798

That is a good price. I had read in other threads on here (discussion tablets) and several forum members do not recommend the iPad mini 2. Do a search on the forum for more info.

3. msinger

Approved Vendor

I have the iPad Mini 2 and it works just fine. The only downfall is the screen is not easy to see in direct sunlight. For that reason, many people buy the iPad Mini 4 instead. It has an anti-reflective coating on the screen and the screen is brighter.

liketogethigh likes this.
  4. Roadking

Ouch!!! Double the price for the mini 4. I wonder if there is an anti-glare screen protector for the mini 2 that would serve the same purpose. Good information. Thank you.

5. Roadking

Ask and you shall receive. I did a quick search and there are plenty of anti-reflective screen protectors for the mini 2. If that is the only complaint, that may be the simple fix.