Display on Ipad mini

Reaction score
So I don't think it has always been this way but on my ipad mini 4 when I go into the DJI Go app and then into any menu item like battery power now my ipad only displays on 3/4 of the screen. Is there a place to change this to full screen? I just don't remember it looking this way.

So I don't think it has always been this way but on my ipad mini 4 when I go into the DJI Go app and then into any menu item like battery power now my ipad only displays on 3/4 of the screen. Is there a place to change this to full screen? I just don't remember it looking this way.
Does it sound the same as this reported issue on Android? If so, it is known and will be fixed in the next day or two with another app update.
Dji Go 2.7 android: locked in 4/3 !?

Last edited:
Nope I am talking about the display on the mini. Nothing to do with the camera unless I am reading that post wrong then sorry. No I mean my screen view on my ipad is fine until I go into any of the menu items like battery, or MC settings, etc. Then I only see three quarters of the menu and 1/4 of it on the left side is blank. I don't get it.

Nope I am talking about the display on the mini. Nothing to do with the camera unless I am reading that post wrong then sorry. No I mean my screen view on my ipad is fine until I go into any of the menu items like battery, or MC settings, etc. Then I only see three quarters of the menu and 1/4 of it on the left side is blank. I don't get it.

Very weird. You try deleting the Go App and re-downloading it?

Yea did that but what a pain. Had to re-do my 32 channel hack, fix all my settings, and for some odd reason my P3A was showing 1.5 version firmware on it. So I fixed everything and then upload 1.6 firmware back on the P3A. I cannot for the life of me figure out why the display has changed in the DJI Go app. I have looked for display settings but no luck. Weird that no one else has had this happen.

There's nothing wrong as far as I can tell. DJI have just made the menus a bit bigger and easier to read.

I prefer them this way.

I'll bet my RC updated automatically and I didn't see it. I will have to check the firmware versions on but that must be what happened. Maybe others that have done the update will chime in to verify but I bet that is it.

I'll bet my RC updated automatically and I didn't see it. I will have to check the firmware versions on but that must be what happened. Maybe others that have done the update will chime in to verify but I bet that is it.
Why do you think the firmware affects the display on the iPad?

Had to re-do my 32 channel hack,

My iPad Mini 2 updated itself on March 15th and it's fine. Now about the hack you refer to–and I'm hack stupid–I'm scratching my head wondering if that's the problem.

I'm assuming the issue occurred tethered to the RC and also unplugged?

Sagebrush

Same 3/4 display on my mini4. Any ideas?

Yes, change the picture to 16:9 instead of 4:3. (Or vice versa) Its in the little wrench at the top right above the shutter button on the LCD of the iPad.

Thank you sir for the info. I feel like an idiot. I will check it out when I get home from work tonight.

Latest App update 2.71 has resolved the issue created by 2.70

Downloaded the new Go App today to my ipad mini 2 and now noticed the slider which shows remaining battery time does not display any time. Has anyone else noticed this? Also one of the icons which I used for scribing a course when using the cached map is also missing?

Updated all firmware and app tonight and no change. I don't think everyone understands what I am saying and can't upload a screenshot right now but in DJI Go at the main screen GPS at top, battery at top satellites at top, etc. camera menu on right, etc, map in bottom left, etc. when I touch say the battery status the menu pops up with battery information, etc. on the left of the menu are your choices to switch from battery, camera, HD, etc. This whole menu only goes over to the left about 3/4 of the way and the last 1/4 of the screen is the camera. If you touch the camera portion, bam you go back to the main screen. The whole menu looks transparent too. It may have been this way the whole time, hell I can't remember half the conversations I had at work today. I can easily get used to it just wasn't sure how to change it or if you could.

You're not alone. That is exactly what my display is doing. Haven't found a setting to change it. Maybe it is suppose to be like this. Does allow a quick shift back to full camera view.

I wonder if this is tied into the other known issue with the latest go app- problems moving and pinching zoom in/out of the map screen. Hearing of that problem, I've now decided to wait until they fix that- hopefully very shortly.

The menu is far to big, I personally liked the way it was. Other than that, I haven't run into any other issues (yet).

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic