Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Display current GPS position on screen in DJI GO App

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by dhrot, Mar 4, 2016.

1. dhrot

Hi

Just wondering if there way anyway to display the current GPS co-oridnates of the P3 on the screen of the GO App while flying ?

Or simply record "points of interest" and then be able to easily download a CSV file of these points of interest from the iPAD?

Alternative I guess is to take photos at each point of interest down get the info from the EXIF file from the photo's, but just wondering if there was a simply way I was missing.

Thanks
    Dave

2. sonof40

I asked this same question in a thread relating to search and rescue. It would be handy to be able to relate coordinates from an image.
    No answers as yet.

3. BigAl07

BigAl07 Moderator
    Staff Member

For SAR work we normally would pull the EXIF from the image when we find an area of interest.

I don't know of any other way to get GPS data from a known position.

4. Erroll

When recording video, you can also record .SRT files which includes basic telemetry and GPS co-ordinates. As with stills, you can only see this information 'after the fact'.

One technique I use is to switch to F mode, select 'Waypoints' and click the appropriate C button to register waypoints/POI at the points I am interested in, and then save the mission. One can then return to the exact spot on a subsequent mission.

#4 Erroll, Apr 11, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
    BigAl07 and dhrot like this.
  5. dhrot

Worked out a solution for us, basic but seems to work.

Using AutoPilot App from Autoflight Logic. Under settings change Telemetry to "medium or greater" and you get the UAV lat/long on side of flight screen. Use the "Black Box" mode for basic normal full manual flights, or use one of there advanced flights modes for more options. If there's something of interest easy enough to note it down from the side of the screen.

Erroll likes this.