dismal range :(

Reaction score
So i have a TS832 600mw transmitter with Boscam 5.8Ghz Cloud Spirit Antenna's attached to the tx and rx and my monitor is a Boscam RX-LCD5802.

i can get maybe 100m before i loose all picture, my question i guess is are these antennas just not that great? or what could i be doing wrong. I am flying in an open field with no obsticals between me and the phantom so i was hoping to get more then 100m :/

I'm using TST353 and the same receiver with cloud spirit and a pannel antenna. In my last flight I have got 2500 meters with just a little increase in the signal noise.

Enviado desde mi SM-G900F mediante Tapatalk

hmm, im not sure then i dont really care about over a km of range so i didn't think i would need a directional antenna but i guess i could be wrong

chrisono said:
So i have a TS832 600mw transmitter with Boscam 5.8Ghz Cloud Spirit Antenna's attached to the tx and rx and my monitor is a Boscam RX-LCD5802.

i can get maybe 100m before i loose all picture, my question i guess is are these antennas just not that great? or what could i be doing wrong. I am flying in an open field with no obsticals between me and the phantom so i was hoping to get more then 100m :/

I am also using the TS832 and the LCD5802 but at the moment I have a couple of the $6 knock-off clover leaf antenna and I can comfortably get 450M out of them. What I found was finding the right channel and for me it was 32,34 was not bad either but 32 seems to be it in my area.

I have been trying to learn a lot about this FPV stuff over the last few weeks and one of the universal things is "it's all about the antenna". I have some FPVLR tuned ones coming so I hope to see a marked improvement over my cheapos shortly. One thing is I am still learning the diversity thing and just discovered a little bit ago that when you select source on our monitors you can tune each one individually, including the diversity one.. :)

So, play with your channels but from what I read about the TS832 channel 34 has the highest power output to you might want to start there.

question about the helical's as i am pretty new to all of this if i have a 5.8 blubeam whip set coming do i need a special helical antenna or can i just order one without providing a specific freq. i have a tx that operates on this chart
boscam-ts832-chart.jpg
and how narrow are they for flying? (eg i picture them as a lazer, you are either rx or nothing at all)

FPVLR said:
Just hang in there guys! Some of you are ordering a lot of these, please be patient and be aware it's a 11-12 days wait to get them built. The phantom vision guys are keeping me very busy with orders, but analog FPV is my passion.

This set goes to Ronny in Sweden.

Hi there FPVLR!
Yes I'm Ronny from Sweden and I'm still waiting for the delivery, but as we say here, if you are waiting for something good, you never waits too long. I still have a stable picture after 1000 m if I have a clear view, with very little distraktion. I have changed the antennas to cloverleafs, both on the tx and the monitor. Now I will try the ones from FPVLR and see if I can improove it even
more.

FPVLR is my goto guy for antenna. I have the AVL58 and Boscam 5802 LCD Rx.

with the boscam it's very finicky with auto tuning. Don't AUTO tune... it's pure luck. Pick a channel... match up and manually tune to the diversity channel that works best... it's only 32 channels. LOL!!!

As far as antenna... I got the pinwheel from FPVLR and a circular wireless helical from i don't remember who. Great setup.

I do go straight to FPVLR for all my antenna needs... he always answers all my questions no matter how stupid... i'm moving into 1.2-1.3 GHz for other projects and FPVLR is the guy
I crashed my phantom :( and needed a new 5.8 pinwheel ... he is swamped but it's worth the wait. the quality of his builds are impeccable and his antennae get results.

Yeah i ordered a antenna from them this morning and they took the time to answer my dumb questions lol. i would replace all my antennas with there's but i have been cut off in rearguards to spending lol

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj