Discuss your P2V+ Antenna Mods for long range flight

Kag49601 said:
Tony,

I got the antenna mounts for mine and thought I would run this by you before I put it back together. I don't like the angle of the cable. Will this hurt me? Thx

Tony won't be able to reply until tomorrow evening around 6:00 pm.

He asked me to tell you that that cable looks toast!

It's just the tension on it. I didn't like it either... I guess I won't be able to use these mounts... Disappointing. The instructions state that the cables that came with the pinwheels would be fine for using with the mounts... Guess not...

mede8er said:
:popcorn....

The aroma of popcorn is distinct & powerful. Could also come in handy for masking the smell of brown from one's nose.... :roll:

I'd like to ask you this question directly med8er: Clearly you have a beef. You have made it obvious you don't care for the thread, so why not stay out of it instead of hovering in the background just to interject snarky & inflammatory comments? Most of us are here to enjoy our hobby and appreciate the information gained.

You call yourself "med8er". For the past few days "Flame Thrower" would seem more appropriate...

krunkcopter said:
Kag49601 said:
Tony,

I got the antenna mounts for mine and thought I would run this by you before I put it back together. I don't like the angle of the cable. Will this hurt me? Thx

Are those the shitty "sidebox" plastic pieces that he/she has been pimping in it's signature?

Not sure who he/she is that you are referring to.... But I purchased these on etsy from a guy that said this would work with the standard cables that came with my kit. I just stated that I was disappointed that-that isn't entirely true. They are gorgeous pieces it just requires a longer cable to be safe.

I picked one of these up, used on eBay to try and remove the epoxy. One was a success and the other... Not so much.... I think I will be doing the splice method if I replace the 5.8 side. I really haven't saw a need to upgrade these yet, but thought I would try.... It's a *****...

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410235785.367256.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410235785.367256.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 373
Kag49601 said:
I picked one of these up, used on eBay to try and remove the epoxy. One was a success and the other... Not so much.... I think I will be doing the splice method if I replace the 5.8 side. I really haven't saw a need to upgrade these yet, but though I would try.... It's a *****...

What is the splice method? I vs e bird side antennas coming sometime would like to know what's easiest

brorex said:
Kag49601 said:
I picked one of these up, used on eBay to try and remove the epoxy. One was a success and the other... Not so much.... I think I will be doing the splice method if I replace the 5.8 side. I really haven't saw a need to upgrade these yet, but though I would try.... It's a *****...

What is the splice method? I vs e bird side antennas coming sometime would like to know what's easiest[/quote

There are a couple of good videos on how to do this on YouTube. Basically you cut off the single dipole (section with the heat shrink) and then splice/solder an sma pigtail to that end. That will allow you to add antennas to the bird without having to mess with the 5.8 board with the epoxy.

Kag49601 said:
brorex said:
Kag49601 said:

What is the splice method? I vs e bird side antennas coming sometime would like to know what's easiest[/quote

There are a couple of good videos on how to do this on YouTube. Basically you cut off the single dipole (section with the heat shrink) and then splice/solder an sma pigtail to that end. That will allow you to add antennas to the bird without having to mess with the 5.8 board with the epoxy.

Thanks

Dirty Bird said:
mede8er said:

The aroma of popcorn is distinct & powerful. Could also come in handy for masking the smell of brown from one's nose.... :roll:

I'd like to ask you this question directly med8er: Clearly you have a beef. You have made it obvious you don't care for the thread, so why not stay out of it instead of hovering in the background just to interject snarky & inflammatory comments? Most of us are here to enjoy our hobby and appreciate the information gained.

You call yourself "med8er". For the past few days "Flame Thrower" would seem more appropriate...
+1

Dirty Bird said:
mede8er said:

These are legal matters that may be above your pay grade.The company that owns phantompilots.com has written policies dealing with commerce on it's website. If the company does not strictly adhere to those published policies they ultimately become moot and indefensible. I deal with companies every day who feel they can simply evade published guidelines to gain an advantage in the marketplace at the expense of those companies who play by the rules and pay to play. I find those rogue companies to be offensive and disruptive, and ferret them out whenever I can in an effort to maintain a level playing field for all buyers and sellers. Horizon, et al's sponsorship interests have been protected by the actions taken by the mods over the last 24 hours...I'm satisfied so far, we'll see how it goes....

And yes, in my business sometimes you have to fight fire with fire....have a great day DB....

mede8er said:
These are legal matters that may be above your pay grade.

If you want to be a toady that's your choice friend. But do us, and yourself, a favor and do your bootlicking & ferreting under cover of darkness. That's generally the way guys like you operate. I'm not alone in finding your snarky comments offensive & unnecessary. You missed a few threads in your quest, so back to work for you! :roll:

I have to agree with these guys mede8er.

First of all I don't really agree with Tony s methodology when it comes to forums. He just doesn't get how this all works but he does know how to build nice antennas.

That said, you just seem to like to stir up **** as that's about all I see you doing. Fight fire with fire? Dude, this isn't your rodeo. Nor mine.

Looks like Adam has taken care of it in an appropriate manner. Tony needs to realize this is how this works and he has the choice to be a vendor or not.

ftimster said:
Dirty Bird said:
mede8er said:

+1

+2

Jealousy is a *****
You guys see someone doing well and want a piece of the pie
Why can't people just be happy for other people anymore our society is getting worse by the day

Kag49601 said:
brorex said:
Kag49601 said:

The problem with splicing is that it is time-consuming, easy to make it worse and if you are successful it usually does not work as good as just installing the new cables. You can order a new modified 5.8 receiver at http://www.ebay.com/itm/261593675668. It already has the antennas removed. Hope this helps.

randywf said:
Kag49601 said:
brorex said:
Kag49601 said:

The problem with splicing is that it is time-consuming, easy to make it worse and if you are successful it usually does not work as good as just installing the new cables. You can order a new modified 5.8 receiver at http://www.ebay.com/itm/261587222841. It already has the antennas removed. Hope this helps.

Good to know. I didn't know these were available.

randywf said:
Kag49601 said:
brorex said:
Kag49601 said:

The problem with splicing is that it is time-consuming, easy to make it worse and if you are successful it usually does not work as good as just installing the new cables. You can order a new modified 5.8 receiver at http://www.ebay.com/itm/261587222841. It already has the antennas removed. Hope this helps.

Do these boards have to be soldered in? I haven't looked yet

brorex said:
randywf said:
Kag49601 said:
brorex said:
Kag49601 said:

No there are screws that hold it in place.

Kag49601 said:
brorex said:
randywf said:
Kag49601 said:
brorex said:
Kag49601 said:

No there are screws that hold it in place.

And then just plugs that plug to it?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4