Discuss the DJI Lightbridge here....

technically i cant see any reason why DJI not sell an adaptor and FW update for the original Phantom controller, lets say its in trainer mode when switching the IOC switch to HL or whatever, use the Usb Port for it. The controller is just a joystick for the lightbridge, it has its own transmitter and receiver, so it would just use the sticks in the end. I hope DJi can realize this, i dont want to buy another controller

Daninho said:
technically i cant see any reason why DJI not sell an adaptor and FW update for the original Phantom controller, lets say its in trainer mode when switching the IOC switch to HL or whatever, use the Usb Port for it. The controller is just a joystick for the lightbridge, it has its own transmitter and receiver, so it would just use the sticks in the end. I hope DJi can realize this, i dont want to buy another controller

it would make sense as then they would at least make some money from selling adapters, instead of nothing at the moment, by forcing you to buy a third party transmitter, however that doesn't mean they will :lol:

Daninho said:

+1

This would seem the obvious way to do it.
I dont want to buy another controller either when stock is so good.

Any updates on Lightbridge ship date from anyone who attended NAB or has good intel on the supply chain?

Kelly

wkf94025 said:
Any updates on Lightbridge ship date from anyone who attended NAB or has good intel on the supply chain?

Kelly

Report from NAB is that DJI has been unable to meet the full advertised specs and returned the project to their engineering department for improvement. Release will be delayed until they succeed. Doesn't sound hopeful for availability in the near future.

sar104 said:
wkf94025 said:

Kelly

Report from NAB is that DJI has been unable to meet the full advertised specs and returned the project to their engineering department for improvement. Release will be delayed until they succeed. Doesn't sound hopeful for availability in the near future.
I noticed a rolling line in their video's of the screens when they were using it. I wonder if there is an issue with RF interference from the gimbal motors?

I'm glad they made that decision, instead of bringing to market a produce that doesn't meet expectations. Good job DJI.

havasuphoto said:
sar104 said:
wkf94025 said:

Kelly

I noticed a rolling line in their video's of the screens when they were using it. I wonder if there is an issue with RF interference from the gimbal motors?

I'm glad they made that decision, instead of bringing to market a produce that doesn't meet expectations. Good job DJI.

Apparently that was not the problem - it was reportedly failing to meet their rather lofty goal of 60 fps full HD, presumably at the higher end of the target range.

Apparently that was not the problem - it was reportedly failing to meet their rather lofty goal of 60 fps full HD, presumably at the higher end of the target range.
I don't know of any transmitter that can achieve that frame rate, and still maintain the range they want. The bit-rate numbers are just too much for a 100mw transmitter.
30fps would have been just fine........even 720/60 would be fine.

havasuphoto said:
I don't know of any transmitter that can achieve that frame rate, and still maintain the range they want. The bit-rate numbers are just too much for a 100mw transmitter.

No question - I'd be perfectly happy with 30 fps, even 720p. Checking the most recent specs I can find, it actually says "1920 x 1080 @ 60fps input and 1920 x 1080 @ 30fps output", so presumably they are not reliably getting the 30 fps output back to the ground unit, which is a bit more reasonable.

sar104 said:
havasuphoto said:

No question - I'd be perfectly happy with 30 fps, even 720p. Checking the most recent specs I can find, it actually says "1920 x 1080 @ 60fps input and 1920 x 1080 @ 30fps output", so presumably they are not reliably getting the 30 fps output back to the ground unit, which is a bit more reasonable.
Correct. I never saw any mention of 60fps either. So, I'm thinking they're dropping frames. The Teradek had the same issues when it first came out-along with range issues.
I certainly hope they find a solution quickly. The Teradek is easily double the price........

havasuphoto said:
sar104 said:
havasuphoto said:

Correct. I never saw any mention of 60fps either. So, I'm thinking they're dropping frames. The Teradek had the same issues when it first came out-along with range issues.
I certainly hope they find a solution quickly. The Teradek is easily double the price........

I hope so too - I've already paid for one on the basis that it was very close to release.

sar104 said:
havasuphoto said:

Looks like it from the videos, i could tell there was no way it was a 30fps live output to the android smartphone on I think it was blades video( was still pre production hardware and beta software mind you )

In the UK I just heard from a retailer that they had been told by DJI to drop the price of the light bridge to £990 from £1132, still not in stock but they expect it now in 1-2 weeks.

markab said:
In the UK I just heard from a retailer that they had been told by DJI to drop the price of the light bridge to £990 from £1132, still not in stock but they expect it now in 1-2 weeks.

In the US the price is now apparently $1399 - a drop of $200. And shipping is rumored to start next week.

Tahoe Ed said:
The app for Android is now available. It works well.

I wonder if the price drop is because the device is coming out at 30fps instead of the initially hoped for 60fps? Or if it's a temporary sale price to drive some initial sales to get them in peoples hands before returning it to $1,600 (which is a bit over priced to me). Not sure if I want to be an early adopter on this though, I may wait to Lightbridge V2 :)

Was happy about the price drop. Will be interested to see if the iOS app comes out soon and if we will be able to get OSD without the app (direct to HDMI monitor). I want to run this on a BIG screen...1080p shouldn't be relegated to a 7" tablet!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers