Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Disconnects instead of a weak signal warning

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by MJF739B, Jun 17, 2015.

1. MJF739B

I’ve been having an issue with my P3P. At distance I would not get a weak signal warning, just an immediate disconnect and connect then disconnects again until the Phantom would not connect at all, even when I brought it back to within 50 feet of me it would not connect, a restart of the tablet and DJI Pilot software while in flight (hover) would cure the issue until the next flight. I tried 2 different Android devices and then bought a brand new IPad Air2. I experienced the same issue on all devices. I relinked the remote controller and my problem is solved. No more issues with that. I hope this helps someone.

bobomet, Oso, ksavoie and 1 other person like this.
  2. Buckaye

Hey thanks... that re-linking thing seems like a good thing to try. I have had the disconnect problem but yesterday flew with no issues. I might just re-link the controller just to see if that clears it up for me too. Can you re-post if you run into the issue again?

3. MJF739B

I will post again if the problem reappears. I do not believe it will. Now I get a weak signal warning, as it should. with no loss of telemetry.

4. 30secs

Can you clarify what you mean by relink? Turn the tx off then on? Quad? Or complete relink?

5. Buckaye

He means a complete relink. I just did it... I had one good flight tonight with no disconnects... Will fly some more tomorrow.

MJF739B likes this.