Disconnected.....

Reaction score
I have a P3A quite new to me, and have just bought Litchi. so I now have DJI GO and Litchi. Experienced a bit of a problem recently...

Was trying to take ariel pics at a friends wedding but whatever app i tried opening they both said 'Disconnected' at the top of the screen. So annoying, because at the most important time, and when everyone is waiting...it doesn't work!!! :mad: I tried turning everything off and on again a few times, but nothing doing...

Anyway, I decided in the end to go and try it from my house (which is conveniently next door to the church) and it worked fine!!! So in the end I took a few pics from my garden!

But can anyone help as to why it was saying Disconnected?
I just hope in can get this issue resolved before Monday as i'm going to the south coast.

Thanks.

Does your phone or tablet connect automatically to the church WIFI? That's my best guess. Try it again but make sure your phone or tablet is connected to the Phantom WIFI and not the church or some neighbor's unsecured WIFI. I had the same problem once and realized my tablet was auto connecting to my home WIFI. I just opened the settings and manually connected to the Phantom WIFI and everything worked fine after that.

Didn't think that wifi was used on the 3. I know that I turn it off whenever I am flying to avoid any interference on the tablet.

Didn't think that wifi was used on the 3. I know that I turn it off whenever I am flying to avoid any interference on the tablet.
Hell's bells, man! I must be tired. I'd swear your post said P3S! I'm going to bed.

Its not the wifi, its your tablet, you have an android, correct? Samsung possibly?
Doesn't matter, chances are it was in the "transfer files mode" for the usb, scroll down and click where it says to change those options after you plug in your usb, select as midi device and never have that issue again!

i must also add that the church had a huge tin / steel roof. could that have affected things?

Does your phone or tablet connect automatically to the church WIFI? That's my best guess. Try it again but make sure your phone or tablet is connected to the Phantom WIFI and not the church or some neighbor's unsecured WIFI. I had the same problem once and realized my tablet was auto connecting to my home WIFI. I just opened the settings and manually connected to the Phantom WIFI and everything worked fine after that.

P3A Doesn't use wifi to connect. The tablet is connected via a cable to the remote.

ok, i have turned off wifi...but still says disconnected on the app. i have tried turning everything off and then on again....but still says disconnected.

strange thing is that i still have full control of the P3A - green lights flashing under the props, all seems fine. on the app the small map in the bottom right is correct, and works perfectly as i'm flying around....but the main screen is still black - and says disconnected.

please help!!!

ok, you still never said what kind of tablet this is, did you try what I said?

For some reason on some android tablets , plugging in a usb cord will automatically choose "transfer files", if this is an android, after plugging in the cable and the power on the remote, you will hear it make its normal connection beep, if you scroll down from the top, where your task bar is you'll see that its indicating its plugged in, click that. You will see 3 or 4 options to choose from. as I stated chances are its on file transfer. Click the one that says "usb accessory" midi device.

It might not take the first time, so keep selecting it over and over until its connects.

Now what you might want to do as well, is go into the application manager, settings/application manager and choose the litchi app, from there look for the option to clear cache, if you do all of that and still nothing, go back to the application manager and clear cache and this time, clear data as well.

If all else fails, change your cable!

ok, i have turned off wifi...but still says disconnected on the app. i have tried turning everything off and then on again....but still says disconnected.

strange thing is that i still have full control of the P3A - green lights flashing under the props, all seems fine. on the app the small map in the bottom right is correct, and works perfectly as i'm flying around....but the main screen is still black - and says disconnected.

please help!!!

What kind of tablet are you using ?

sorry, it is a samsung galaxy tab 3 lite. would the processors not be powerful enough?

i have tried again tonight - if i force stop the DJI go in app manager, then open Litchi it seems to work.

another problem i'm having now is that when i start recording video or take a photo when flying, the screen freezes. its not until i pull the usb cable out and plug it back in again that it starts working!!!!! help?!!! am i doing something wrong???

lol, sorry to LOL, but yea, time for a new tablet dude.

that tablet is a 1.2 old Marvell CPU, the connection issue could be caused by the hardware, still more then likely a software problem, but the freezing issue, definitely hardware.

I bought a Samsung galaxy tab a 8" from best buy, bought the official folio cover for it and a glass screen protector, selling it for like 100 bucks, its 4 weeks old , I missed the 14 day period to return it to it bestbuy.

it's perfect and works perfectly with these drones, it just didn't have a compass on it, and since I like doing long distance, the compass helps you orient yourself to aim at the drone.

Hmm Your tablet is listed in the recommended Tablets/Phones for DJI Go app. Best Tablets/Phones for DJI GO | Phantom Help
However the hardware seems a bit limited. By any chance do you have another tablet to test?. Reason I ask is because I have a friend who has a Galaxy Tab 3 (unsure if it is the lite version) and does not have any problems. I use an ipad Mini 4 and no problems at all.

thanks ELGuapo, the tab 3 lite is in the list of recommended devices - probably the cheapest one tho!!

I do have a microsoft surface pro 4.......any chance i can use that? would be great as it has an awesome res screen!

if not, can anyone let me know what sort of requirements are advised for best use of Litchi and DJI go?

thanks ELGuapo, the tab 3 lite is in the list of recommended devices - probably the cheapest one tho!!

I do have a microsoft surface pro 4.......any chance i can use that? would be great as it has an awesome res screen!

if not, can anyone let me know what sort of requirements are advised for best use of Litchi and DJI go?

Litchi and Dji are both only available for iOS and Android

Litchi for DJI Phantom/Inspire

DJI GO - Capture and Share Beautiful Content Using this New App

Not true. After a few days and many frustrated hours, Litchi told me my phone was not compatible. Although it works great with GO. It's an HTC ONE M9. A pretty powerful phone.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using PhantomPilots mobile app
I think it has something to do with Android 6.0 Marshmallow. I'd you Google, you will see a lot of the same complaints.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20