disconnected

Reaction score
Had my P3P for about a little over a year. I have not used it for about 6 weeks and went to use it and it shows disconnected in both dji go and litchi. I searched threads here and removed and re-installed dji go on the ipad, and tried a different cord. I also tried installing go on my android samsung 7 and it wont connect either, in fact it wont even give me a camera button it just has a welcome screen that shows how to connect.

Very frustrating,................... any ideas?

Thanks

Dave

Had my P3P for about a little over a year. I have not used it for about 6 weeks and went to use it and it shows disconnected in both dji go and litchi. I searched threads here and removed and re-installed dji go on the ipad, and tried a different cord. I also tried installing go on my android samsung 7 and it wont connect either, in fact it wont even give me a camera button it just has a welcome screen that shows how to connect.

Thanks

Dave
Hi is it conected in wifi settings

I just turned wifi off and restarted ipad now it is doing the same thing as my android. The welcome screen opens and prompts me for a tutorial on how to connect. it is not even showing the camera now. Litchi opens but just shows disconnected

Thanks

Dave
Does it conect through wifi or is litchi

Thanks

Dave
um ive never used litchi apps i presume it wi fi,,always stuck with djigo apps

both devices (ipad or galaxy) are connected with the usb cord. I have tried it with wifi both on and off. The problem is with both litchi and dji go. I dont use litchi that much but once I had a problem with the dji go showing disconnected I thought I would try litchi as well and had the same problem.

the controller shows a green light, which I thought meant it was connected and I can control the gimbal down with the controller but I cant spin the props.

I just turned wifi off and restarted ipad now it is doing the same thing as my android. The welcome screen opens and prompts me for a tutorial on how to connect. it is not even showing the camera now. Litchi opens but just shows disconnected
I know tutorials can b skipped ,dont want to sound silly mayby it want u to go through it ,,,might help conect,,,been stratchin my head alday on some of these post,,got no hair left to stratch,,,:confused:

Reactions: Neon Euc
Just looked at post from uncle google sayin u need to disable djigo app for litchi to work,,,,not sure if that true

I am having the same problem on my phone and I do not have litchi on that. I am looking through tutorials right now to make sure I am not missing something stupid.... :)

Same problem here on a P3P. I tried different USB cables, different phone and tablet. Could it be the wifi module? I'm not seeing any Phantom network on my wifi analyzer app. The other possibility is that the USB module on the controller died, as mentioned in this video:

I opened up the controller to check the USB board, but nothing obvious, even after resetting the cable connections. It broke down after the last firmware upgrade, but even forcing a downgrade it didn't bring it back. I'm getting RC connection, but no telemetry or video feed. I can start the motors, but cannot shut them down with the controller. The controller has a slow flashing green light.

Flashing green light is strange.
You can't shut the motors even by holding the left stick all the way down after landing? Using CSC is not recommended for shutdown since during the 3 second delay in accepting CSC, the stick control could be interpreted literally and cause the AC to topple back.
Samsungs are known to be stubborn in connecting to an RC. Best approach is to reboot the Samsung while connected to the RC. Another approach not always successful is reboot the RC a few times until the app connects. Give about 10 seconds between RC reboots before declaring that attempt unsuccessful.

I upgraded the GO app to 3.1.5, Android version, now I'm stuck on the 'How to Connect', and can't get any telemetry. I can't start the motors anymore. This is driving me nuts. From the main page, long press on the menu icon on the top right, I'm not getting any information from the firmware downgrade screen.

It still sounds like the RC is not connecting to the app, something very common with Samsungs. Rebooting the mobile while the RC is on and physically connected to the RC usually solves that. Does the RC connect with the AC at least with evidence being a green light on the RC?

I'm getting a flashing green light on the RC. I tried 7 different USB cables. I tried with an HTC phone and a Samsung tablet, re-booting while connected with the cable, unplugging/re-plugging the cable. With the tablet I'm getting a grey camera icon on the app, which goes to the camera view mode, but nothing shows up, other than a 'Disconnected' message on the top bar. The weird thing is that it started acting up after the lastest firmware upgrade.

All signs RC and mobile are not communicating.
Not sure what the flashing green LED on the RC is all about. Should be steady green (RC-AC connected) or steady red (RC-AC not connected). May be bad RC. There is a way to reset the RC somehow when holding certain buttons when powering up. Without the RC connecting to the mobile, you won't get the downgrade option as it will be the same to the app as if the RC was powered off.

I also tried another P3P remote, and I'm getting the same behavior after binding to it, with the buttons sequencing. That other system was also updated to the latest firmware. I'm still struggling to figure out of it's a firmware thing, or a hardware issue (USB/HDMI board in the controller and/or WiFi Video board in the drone). I'm not eager to spending money on a replacement parts if it's not going to fix it.

You didn't mention having installed the HDMI kit. Definitely double check that, possibly putting back the original board.
P3 doesn't come with HDMI on the remote so it would have to have been an add-on. The Inspire controller has it though.
I have the latest firmware on my RC so it should work. I believe the latest RC firmware was release around a year ago or longer.

It still has the original USB board. When I was looking for replacement parts it looked like the USB/HDMI board is the only board available, and seems to be compatible.

The only link procedure I can do is with the C1/C2/record button hold until it beeps, followed by the right dial press down and drone link button by the LED which flashes red once pressed. That doesn't change any behavior.

Forget about connecting the AC to RC right now, your issue is between RC and tablet.
If tablet won't connect to two different RCs, sounds like a tablet problem.
An AC can only link to one RC at a time and you need the app to start the link process.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl