Disconnected - RTH worked

Could you still see the bird LOS (Line of sight)?

Send a link for your (Healthy Drones)

I had good line of sight, of course I could not see it at that distance but I made sure my antennas where up and I was at 350 ft in height out at 3500 in distance. Maybe 350 was to low and I need more altitude at that distance.

Here is the Healthy Drones Link: HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

You will see where it abruptly ends, when the DJI GO app disconnected, all logging stopped.

Thanks for any input

Reactions: rene van der meer
I have had my Go app disconnect before and had to disconnect and reconnect the USB cable to get it to connect again. I would be curious what your controller status light color was. Was the controller beeping?

I tried pulling the cable off and plugging it back in, that did not work. The green light on the controller showed me I was connected and when I hit the RTH it did start beeping at that point. The information on the healthy drones site showed was signal strength was still in the green when it disconnected. HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters
Im wondering if the DJI GO app may be a little squirrely on android.

I tried pulling the cable off and plugging it back in, that did not work. The green light on the controller showed me I was connected and when I hit the RTH it did start beeping at that point. The information on the healthy drones site showed was signal strength was still in the green when it disconnected. HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters
Im wondering if the DJI GO app may be a little squirrely on android.

What Android device are you using? Is it on the list of DJI supported devices? It may not be the DJI app, it could be an incompatibility with the device. Would definitely recommend using a device DJI supports.

Reactions: Soup
What Android device are you using? Is it on the list of DJI supported devices? It may not be the DJI app, it could be an incompatibility with the device. Would definitely recommend using a device DJI supports.

I was using the Samsung Galaxy S4. It is on the approved list.
On my P34K, I am able to use my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 tablet, my personal phone (LG Flex) and my work phone (Samsung Galaxy S4) as I am connected wifi from my TX to my android device.
On this P3A, I can only use the Samsung Galaxy S4, none of the other devices will work. I uninstalled all the DJI GO apps and reinstalled all of them. The Galaxy Tab 2 will not work with the google store DJI app, I found the link on this forum on where to download it.

The 2 samsung devices are on the approved list. There are newer Android devices available, I may need to upgrade those to see if they are more stable.

I think its going to be difficult to pinpont the exact case. I have not seen that be a poplar issue so hopefully it was just a one time occurrence. The good thing is you remained in control with your controller. Everyone should really know how to fly without the app. Its great to have, but there are a lot of things that can go wrong as you found out.

I had good line of sight, of course I could not see it at that distance but I made sure my antennas where up and I was at 350 ft in height out at 3500 in distance. Maybe 350 was to low and I need more altitude at that distance.

Here is the Healthy Drones Link: HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

You will see where it abruptly ends, when the DJI GO app disconnected, all logging stopped.

Thanks for any input
Could interference play a roll?

On the map I cannot see anything that could be responsible for interference. Maybe a Wifi source, or something that blocks the signal.
I would repeat a similar flight in an open field.

On the map I cannot see anything that could be responsible for interference. Maybe a Wifi source, or something that blocks the signal.
I would repeat a similar flight in an open field.

Open field = 'Yes'
Does the Light Bridge use the same frequency of WiFi?
WiFi would cause problems on the Standard.

Soup,
Look through here.
DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help
And look at mobile device fixes.

I looked through your list and I didn't see you had tried a crApple Device, that would be next.

Look at this link, this was flying around my work, only time I have every had this come up.

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Open field = 'Yes'
Does the Light Bridge use the same frequency of WiFi?
WiFi would cause problems on the Standard.

Soup,
Look through here.
DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help
And look at mobile device fixes.

I looked through your list and I didn't see you had tried a crApple Device, that would be next.

Look at this link, this was flying around my work, only time I have every had this come up.

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

I think you are right about Mobile Device fixes. I did not have USB debugging turned on, now I do. I did not have Media MTP selected, now I do. It seems that might have something to do with it. In the DJI Go app, under Flight Tutorial, there is a section called "My app says "Disconnected", what should I do?". There are some very helpful tips there and the USB Debugging needs to be on, and I needed to turn on Media MTP or Camera PTP. I made both of those changes and and hopefully that does the trick. Both of those selections have to do with reading the apps on the phone through the USB cable.

I got my fingers crossed

Send me ether unit and will test them out,
Never mind, The Advanced, I already know how the Standard works.
;)

You might like this one, On Google Play, look for WiFi Analyzer (farproc)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31