Disconnect in camera mode

Reaction score
Anyone have your GO APP disconnect when you engage the video button in flight. I've been able to duplicate the problem several times. I get in the air with good telemetry and then hit the record button and get booted out of the app. When I reenter the app I get no signal in the status bar and have to reboot everything to get back into camera view with good to go signal. Getting pretty frustrated with the setup. I've canned the usb cable, reinstalled the app. and dropped down a firmware update to no avail. I have a ticket in to DJI but their rehashing the same fixes I've tried.

Which P3 do you have? This used to be a common issue for some Vision+ users but I haven't read any instances of this occurring with P3 Advanced/Pros.

Anyone have your GO APP disconnect when you engage the video button in flight. I've been able to duplicate the problem several times. I get in the air with good telemetry and then hit the record button and get booted out of the app. When I reenter the app I get no signal in the status bar and have to reboot everything to get back into camera view with good to go signal. Getting pretty frustrated with the setup. I've canned the usb cable, reinstalled the app. and dropped down a firmware update to no avail. I have a ticket in to DJI but their rehashing the same fixes I've tried.

Which P3 do you have? This used to be a common issue for some Vision+ users but I haven't read any instances of this occurring with P3 Advanced/Pros.
I have the P3A. I looked for the issue but can't find anyone who has posted the problem.

I have this exact same problem. Every time I hit record, either from the button on the remote, or in the app, the app crashes and it drops the usb connection. The only way to restore the usb connection is to land, switch the remote off and on, then restart the app. I have the latest firmware and app version and I have tried reinstalling everything. I am hoping switching to a different tablet will make a difference - will find out in a few days. Did you get a resolution from DJI spindrift?

I have this exact same problem. Every time I hit record, either from the button on the remote, or in the app, the app crashes and it drops the usb connection. The only way to restore the usb connection is to land, switch the remote off and on, then restart the app. I have the latest firmware and app version and I have tried reinstalling everything. I am hoping switching to a different tablet will make a difference - will find out in a few days. Did you get a resolution from DJI spindrift?
I have not had any resolution from DJI. They are asking all the usual questions that I have already tried. I have an Acer Iconia with 16gb. It worked flawlessly until my last update. I will try another tablet as a last resort but hope it won't come to me having to buy a new tablet!

[QUOTE=". It worked flawlessly until my last update[/QUOTE]

That has to be the most common statement on this forum.

Try another tablet of phone. Even if you have to buy one and take it back. But at least you will take the tablet out of the equation.

I am using an HTC desire (android) and the app crashes and USB disconnects every single time I press record video.
I am waiting for a new Nvidia Shield K1 to turn up, hopefully tomorrow, then I will retest.
My P3P is fresh out the box, not a great start with DJI

try this - while on ground, go to menu Other -> and switch the "cache video locally" off. Also there is option to manually clear cache. Do it.
Try to record video.
When I did this, I noticed resolution change - freeze - app crash - and after that, all was good, app worked as it should even when switching from stills to video recording. I think it has something to do with the memory usage. And by disabling this, you can save a bit..

try, might work, worked for me.

Reactions: Jsun and B1C
try this - while on ground, go to menu Other -> and switch the "cache video locally" off. Also there is option to manually clear cache. Do it.
Try to record video.
When I did this, I noticed resolution change - freeze - app crash - and after that, all was good, app worked as it should even when switching from stills to video recording. I think it has something to do with the memory usage. And by disabling this, you can save a bit..

try, might work, worked for me.

Thank you PanBzoch, this has fixed my problem!

I chose to throw my Samsung S5 down a concrete stairway, and of course, smashed the screen severely. In my awaiting for it get repaired I tried to have a flight with my backup phone HTC One X (The first, M6?) Experienced a similar issue as you, filmed for a couple of seconds before I was thrown out to the "How to connect" area without any chance to reconnect. Luckily I was flying close, so landed with no issue, but I ain't flying more with the HTC One X.

So DJI Go can't handle local recording on weak phones/tablets I guess. Great input from PanBzoch!

Thanks guys, I'm happy to help. Just to add- I have feeling that in this case the video is stored only on Phantom card, not tablet/phone card and you have to manually download from there.. Can't remember.... you have to try..

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj