Discharging phantom 3 battery

Reaction score
Having just joined up with Airdata I notice they talk about battery maintenance. Is there any other way to discharge your batteries to the required recommended level for the maintenance to begin, rather than just attaching to the phantom and putting extra ware and tare on the motors just to drain your battery. 1 example that comes to mind is to try and rig up a light bulb to drain it, maybe not even possible, just a thought?

The discharge/maintainance routine isn't necessary.... discharge your packs flying them and have fun. Just make sure you dont leave them at low charge levels for extended periods and all will be good....

Reactions: Reaper 56
What i have done sometimes, turn on your phantom and leave it on with a fan blowing over it so the battery and camera dont
get to warm and let the battery drain that way.

I read somewhere on the forum that the healthy level to keep the battery charge while it's not in use it's between 25% to 50%.

Is there any other way to discharge your batteries to the required recommended level for the maintenance to begin
While I don't think this is necessary, here are some commonly used Phantom 3 battery dischargers:
FYI, I have the bulb discharger. The bulb gets super hot while the battery is discharging, so you'll want to make sure you set it on something (or clip it onto something) that is heat resistant.

Looks like a good set up, will try and locate one. Cheers for that.

Only criticism is that they take a long time to discharge one battery, not like the old P2 battery dischargers that did them in an hour or so, but still a good unit, thinking of getting a couple more as I have 4 batteries

Only criticism is that they take a long time to discharge one battery, not like the old P2 battery dischargers that did them in an hour or so, but still a good unit, thinking of getting a couple more as I have 4 batteries
Would be a good system having depleted most of the battery during a flight and then just finish discharging with your suggested item rather than taking the props off and just running the motors just to drain the battery.

Would be a good system having depleted most of the battery during a flight and then just finish discharging with your suggested item rather than taking the props off and just running the motors just to drain the battery.

Very true, mind you my batteries are usually fully depleted when I finish flying lol

Yeah I tend to charge them up once I've flown and let the auto discharge kick in if i don't get to fly

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj