Dischargin your batteries with a charger

Reaction score
I just bought Hype X7 Plus charger so I can charge my Phantom batteries.

The seller told me that it would be useful as I can do lots of things with (storage charge, discharge etc.)

I would like to discharge and then charge my batteries with the charger... But the only option it gives to me is to discharge my battery into 9.0V, which makes individual CELLS to go below 3.1V which some people say is the minium you should ever go (or the CELL will die)... Are people saying this wrong? People are saying lots of things...

The discharge is set to 0.1A 9.0V 3S Are these good values?

Miika said:
The discharge is set to 0.1A 9.0V 3S Are these good values?

Yes those should be fine, that's exactly what I use when discharging fully like that.

Deep discharging to 3v/cell is the common limit and most chargers will stop there by default. As long as your discharging at that very slow rate (.1A) you should be fine...pushing a batt past that limit while flying can get dicey because it's nearly impossible to stop at exactly 9v without going below.

However, there's not really a need to do that on every charge, and can take quite a long time. When you use a batt down to the voltage limits in the Phantom you should end up at around 11.1v and you can just recharge (w/balancing) from there...I'd wait till the day you plan to fly though, letting batteries sit with a full charge unused for a while can have a negative impact on overall battery life.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers