Discharge every 20 charges still necessary?!

Reaction score
Hey all

Couple of months back i read on this forum, that since DJI removed "discharge your battery down to 8% once every 20 charges" it meant that it was no longer necessary. So i did stop doing that.

http://www.phantompilots.com/index.php?threads/101686/

In this topic i was experiencing the low voltages on my battery. Even though when it was freshly charged.
As you can see in that topic got advice to do so. Discharge battery to lowest % possible and after it cools down, recharge it. Thats exactly how i did, and everything is fine now. Voltages are back to normal.
Attaching screenshots of before and after.
f7daaaa7d0cb13d911e48d0e142bad8f.jpg

50e9093672d5bf832fc2d63860f30cf0.jpg

So it means discharging to 8% once every 20 charges remains necessary?

Sent from my SM-G900FD using PhantomPilots mobile app

Don't quote me on this but I belive this was a standard more or less for the phantom 2 battery's as they had a differnt chemestry of the new p3 battery's, the cells were layed out differently so it was said to discharge to 8% every 20 or so not to help the battery out but to help the battery circuitry recalibrate where empty ended and where full would charge.. This way it could better calculate the overall life of your battery and the overall mah of your pack.. And I think they may have even said this in some of the p3 Manuals for the same exact reason.. But again it's not to better health your battery, it was more for the onboard battery circuitry to recalibrate your battery %ages.

Edit: so If you ask me.. It's not nessesarry.. But I usually take my battery's down to 8-10% anyhow when flying so I don't worry about it.. I don't do this for that reason tho, I do it for more flight time..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't quote me on this but I belive this was a standard more or less for the phantom 2 battery's as they had a differnt chemestry of the new p3 battery's, the cells were layed out differently so it was said to discharge to 8% every 20 or so not to help the battery out but to help the battery circuitry recalibrate where empty ended and where full would charge.. This way it could better calculate the overall life of your battery and the overall mah of your pack.. And I think they may have even said this in some of the p3 Manuals for the same exact reason.. But again it's not to better health your battery, it was more for the onboard battery circuitry to recalibrate your battery %ages.

Edit: so If you ask me.. It's not nessesarry.. But I usually take my battery's down to 8-10% anyhow when flying so I don't worry about it.. I don't do this for that reason tho, I do it for more flight time..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, but what about my case were it did help fix up the voltages?

Sent from my SM-G900FD using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj